What TT's do you folks have

My uncle called me up Friday and said "we are cleaning out our spare bedroom and know you like old audio stuff, why dont you come down and take it off of my hands?" This is the TT he gave me. He purchased it new in 1981 for $140. He still had the receipt and owners manual. I ordered a new belt for it this morning.

18588728_1529867313699877_3461886542164279_o.jpg

My latest aquisition - a Thorens 126 mk III with a nagoka mp-11 cart. and SME series 3 arm. That wooden disc holding the dust cover up is official audiophile Thorens merch. and certainly not an old Gibson's whiskey stopper that i cut off most of the cork with a serrated kitchen knife.

IMG_20170525_214438.jpg

Yeah, they do! Trying to get a replacement tweeter pair, but those are hard to come by.. Got any tips?
Is it definitely the tweeters & not cap related as I had a tweeter not working on my TLS-50's when I first got them? It was only a blown cap in the xover so I recapped them.

Is it definitely the tweeters & not cap related as I had a tweeter not working on my TLS-50's when I first got them? It was only a blown cap in the xover so I recapped them.

I got two speakers with all original parts and elements. One of the speakers is missing a HF1300. So either way I need to get myself a new HF1300, preferably a new pair. Do you know if the TLS 80 came with 8 ohm HF1300 tweeters, or 4 ohm? I am not home now, so I have no chance of opening them and test them with my multimeter. And I got a pretty good deal on a pair which measures 4 ohm, but I don't know if I want to put them in if they originally came with 8 ohm. Quite hard to find the right answer without measuring...

Perhaps some day. They all work, but most are in my refurb queue, and probably will be for some time. A new job and summer means little time for such things.

Perhaps some day. They all work, but most are in my refurb queue, and probably will be for some time. A new job and summer means little time for such things.

All I can say is that you must be a very patient person to have that much quality hardware sitting in the to do queue. At least you can get some joy just looking at them as they all look amazing pieces of engineering.

Dual CS 607 with AT100e cartridge, going through a DJ Pro II preamp into a Sony amp into a pair of 80's Bose 301 Series II. Less than $300 total and works for me!

Back
Top Bottom