What TT's do you folks have

Yes Joseph, my patience was rewarded and very happy with the outcome. The bonus part was i finally heard his
altec 755 on an open baffle and his single plate 2a3 amp.

Joel did send pics while he was working on your TD124. Nice to hear you enjoyed your visit, hope all is well with you!

Heres a short list of mine.

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave
I have a few.
Linn LP 12 w Ekkos Arm
Simon Yorke Model 9 w Allaerts Boron
Walker CJ 55 w Rega RB 250 modded
Modified Teac TN 300

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

I have a few others but they are just sitting on shelves. My Favs are the Thorens Obviously followed very closely by the AT6. I have had my SL-D2 for more years than I care to admit and it has served me very well. I had to retire it to the shelf when one of the kids got to it with a marker. Lets just say I was not a happy camper at all !!!! some day I hope to have a Mitchel Gyro Deck. and maybe even an Oracle. For now I am very content with my small collection.

Dave
My favorite. My Simon Yorke Series 9 with Jan Allaerts Borona06fedd4006d16c2e5cb811edbf09e91.jpg

KD500 sporting the arm in my Avatar...Grace 714. A/T Mono cart and a Shure V15-5
Custom Pioneer PL50 on an old Rek-O-Kut base. Used for 78's and albums played with conical and elliptical stylus using GE VRII, Empire 108 and Shure M55.
Pioneer PL1000A for all round' coolness and every day use. Using an Ortophone cartridge
A couple different stackers using their original carts for parties and extended listening of everyday records

- Continually looking for a Stereo Lincoln -

Restored Pioneer PL-55DX currently running an AT-95E. I also have a BNIB Shure M97-xE and an Azden YM-P50C cartridge with a broken stylus that came with it when I bought it. Picked it up off of local Craigslist for $40 and have put about $60 into it between new caps, veneer and can of DeOxit. Love this TT.

Just restored a Technics SL1600 put in Mogami RCA ends and a Ortofon 2M Bronze MM. Going to run it through a Carver BillD modded (by Bill himself) (RIP) and a Carver M-500t MKII and a pair of clone CRM2 (highly modded) speakers with a Mirage sub. Going to build a Muffsy phono pre and do a compare with the phono in the C1.

Thorens TD145MK
Thorens TD160
Garrard AT6
Marantz 6100
Marantz 6200
Marantz 6300
Technics SL-D2
Technics 1301

Dave
I'm currently shopping for a good vintage TT

I have three modest turntables right now:

Elac Mirracord 50H (idle drive)
Pioneer Pl-50 (belt drive)
Technics Sl-1200 first gen (direct drive)

Back
Top Bottom