1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What TT's do you folks have

Discussion in 'Turntables' started by Grumpy, Jun 22, 2002.

1. hoodie

hoodie AK Subscriber Subscriber

Made a trade with another AK'er for a Technics SP-25 and lucked out and found a inexpensive plinth for it on eBay. I've mounted a couple of 10" arms, an SA-750E and an old Grace G-340.
    -Matt

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    guiller likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. mikeszx81

mikeszx81 Active Member

3. gnuyork

gnuyork Active Member

Dual 601
    Empire 398
    Lenco L75 (incoming)

mikeszx81 likes this.
  4. Greenie

Greenie New Member

deck.jpg denon.jpg dd75.jpg

Garrard DD75/Shure M55E for more used vinyl
    Denon DP15F/Ortofon Red for newer purchases

hoodie, S S, p4gan and 3 others like this.
  5. lightcapture

lightcapture Well-Known Member

I just purchased a new Thorens TD-203 turntable after being w/o a turntable for 2 years. I includes their TP-82 uni-pivot tonearm and has an Ortofon 2m Blue cartridge.

hoodie likes this.
  6. 6TCycleHum

6TCycleHum Member

Music Hall MMF 5.1 (Grado Red) > SOTA Star Series II > SOTA Nova Series III (Jelco/Grado Sonata V2)

hoodie likes this.

7. DenverAndrew

DenverAndrew New Member

Linn LP12 with SME M2
    Thorens TD160 Super with SME 3009

I'm a newb to the Audiophile world, but those are the two I have presently and an Thorens TD 125 on the way. WooHoo!!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    hoodie and guiller like this.
  8. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

Welcome to the AK community!

9. DenverAndrew

DenverAndrew New Member

Thanks and thank you for helping me part with my paychecks!!! :thumbsup:

10. theoman

theoman Confused Member Subscriber

VPI Classic Signature W/ Lyra Kleos

IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0804.JPG IMG_0805.JPG IMG_0806.JPG IMG_0807.JPG IMG_0808.JPG

heavyrock, TimF, hoodie and 7 others like this.
  11. TimF

TimF Super Member

219DE615-E89C-4CB4-A701-69770B35B496.jpeg 26D8D8D9-8F9B-40BC-8CC7-4605E6FD15D3.jpeg I finally got my phono stage, a tubed Croft Acoustics Micro 25 pre-phono, which I am just using as a phono stage. I still have some cartridge tweaking/fine tuning to do, but sounding pretty good so far!

12. danj

danj modern primitive

I've replaced my Dual 1249 with a Dual 1229. My current stable is the 1229 and a B&O Beogram 1602 with MMC 20E cartridge.
    IMG_0027.JPG IMG_0380.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    guiller, DeeCee and hoodie like this.
  13. iyaayas1975

iyaayas1975 New Member

Dual 621 and Pioneer PL 600.

14. Frank Sch

Frank Sch Member

Technics SL1200 ($30 at a Shop and Swap store) with Ortofon Red cart. IMG_4873.jpg

guiller, Greenie and hoodie like this.
  15. olddude55

olddude55 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Just added last Saturday. Dual 1219. The AT VM540ML is a perfect match for the 1219's tone arm.
    This is the best turntable I've ever owned. Period.
    Dual 1219 first pic first play november 18 2018.jpg

16. Kennyg661

Kennyg661 New Member

Newbie here...but as I said in my intro post, not new to audio!
    Right now I'm using a Forsell table with Simiko Celebration cartridge. The motor started making a lot of noise, so I bought a VPI TNT 5 with flywheel and SDS speed control. I am using the motor and speed control on the Forsell now. Love that Simiko!
    I am looking at building my last table using the VPI plinth, air bladder suspension, and the "tri-pulley"...I like the idea of removing the side load from the platter bushing! Arm and platter/bear type TBD.
    Also have a classic Micro Seiki "full choice" with the 2" brass vacuum platter sitting In my room...but that's not mine, just storing it for a friend.
    IMG_0772.JPG IMG_0774.JPG

heavyrock and guiller like this.

17. guiller

guiller Toscaninichus Australis

Welcome to the AK community!

18. Frank Sch

Frank Sch Member

I have 4 Dual TT's that don't work. The manual 502 has the double speed motor issue and none of the auto functions work on the other 3.

19. olddude55

olddude55 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I feel your pain. The 1219 in my pic above, using the start/stop lever is asking for trouble. Plays fine in manual mode, auto return functions perfectly. I'm having issues with the contacts in the headshell, too. At least that's relatively easy to fix.
    Have a 1218 that doesn't work. And, a 1229Q that, uh, doesn't work either. I have that one packed up, ready to send to notransistors when he's ready for it. I haven't tried to get the 1218 working yet, so it has an excuse.
    Meanwhile, a 1019 that works flawlessly, ditto on a 1209 I'm giving away to a friend next week.
    And the glorious 1219.

20. Thx1326

Thx1326 New Member

So... advice please... I have some vintage classic pieces and was wondering what they might be worth and where would be the best place to post them. All of the items are basically BRAND NEW and have never been used, mounted or connected. So while they are old (New Old Stock?), they are virtually brand new:

Grace 747 Gyro Master Tonearm with original box and all parts. It has been taken out of the box to be just sit atop a turntable for the sake of taking pictures.
    AudioQuest Leopard ToneArm cable- brand new.
    Ortofon MC2000 (NOT the MKII). This is the original classic audiophile moving coil in its original presentation box with all accessories, graphs, tools, etc. Never mounted.
    Ortofon T-2000 matching step up transformer for the MC2000.

All were purchased by myself new. Any thoughts on what I might list them for and where?