What TT's do you folks have

Newbie here...but as I said in my intro post, not new to audio!
Right now I'm using a Forsell table with Simiko Celebration cartridge. The motor started making a lot of noise, so I bought a VPI TNT 5 with flywheel and SDS speed control. I am using the motor and speed control on the Forsell now. Love that Simiko!
I am looking at building my last table using the VPI plinth, air bladder suspension, and the "tri-pulley"...I like the idea of removing the side load from the platter bushing! Arm and platter/bear type TBD.
Also have a classic Micro Seiki "full choice" with the 2" brass vacuum platter sitting In my room...but that's not mine, just storing it for a friend.
IMG_0772.JPG IMG_0774.JPG

Newbie here...but as I said in my intro post, not new to audio!
Right now I'm using a Forsell table with Simiko Celebration cartridge. The motor started making a lot of noise, so I bought a VPI TNT 5 with flywheel and SDS speed control. I am using the motor and speed control on the Forsell now. Love that Simiko!
I am looking at building my last table using the VPI plinth, air bladder suspension, and the "tri-pulley"...I like the idea of removing the side load from the platter bushing! Arm and platter/bear type TBD.
Also have a classic Micro Seiki "full choice" with the 2" brass vacuum platter sitting In my room...but that's not mine, just storing it for a friend.
View attachment 1337083 View attachment 1337084

Welcome to the AK community!

I have 4 Dual TT's that don't work. The manual 502 has the double speed motor issue and none of the auto functions work on the other 3.

I have 4 Dual TT's that don't work. The manual 502 has the double speed motor issue and none of the auto functions work on the other 3.
I feel your pain. The 1219 in my pic above, using the start/stop lever is asking for trouble. Plays fine in manual mode, auto return functions perfectly. I'm having issues with the contacts in the headshell, too. At least that's relatively easy to fix.
Have a 1218 that doesn't work. And, a 1229Q that, uh, doesn't work either. I have that one packed up, ready to send to notransistors when he's ready for it. I haven't tried to get the 1218 working yet, so it has an excuse.
Meanwhile, a 1019 that works flawlessly, ditto on a 1209 I'm giving away to a friend next week.
And the glorious 1219.

So... advice please... I have some vintage classic pieces and was wondering what they might be worth and where would be the best place to post them. All of the items are basically BRAND NEW and have never been used, mounted or connected. So while they are old (New Old Stock?), they are virtually brand new:

Grace 747 Gyro Master Tonearm with original box and all parts. It has been taken out of the box to be just sit atop a turntable for the sake of taking pictures.
AudioQuest Leopard ToneArm cable- brand new.
Ortofon MC2000 (NOT the MKII). This is the original classic audiophile moving coil in its original presentation box with all accessories, graphs, tools, etc. Never mounted.
Ortofon T-2000 matching step up transformer for the MC2000.

All were purchased by myself new. Any thoughts on what I might list them for and where?

I'm down to just one, a Dual 1019. Old school AT cart, homemade anti-static platter mat and a cheap record weight from Amazon. I made the base out of kitchen cabinet sample blocks that were headed for the dumpster before I swiped them.20181017_180210.jpg

It runs like a dream and sounds damn good

Attachments

• 20170808_113323.jpg
    20170808_113323.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 21
I sold my Marantz 6100 but ordered a new Tecnics SL-1210GR to replace it. ;) Still have my venerable Technics SL-QL1 (for 35+ years now) and my Denon DP-23F (on loan to my younger son as he's "into" vinyl even though he doesn't actually own any records yet).

What's your favorite turntable (sonically) out of those three? I'm looking at buying a Music Hall mmf 2.3 new, but I've also had people tell me I should go with a Technics sl 1200 or 1210
I'd say the Music Hall holds a slight edge over the Tech 12 if for no other reason than the wonderful tone arm on the 2.3. The Tech can be made to sing but you really need to use the right cartridge.I'm using a Grado Gold on the Tech 12 and the compliance factor is just right. Never had much luck with the OM Ortofons. I use a vintage Ortofon F15E on the lighter arm of the Music Hall. The old Project One has an ancient Signet TK7E mounted to it but is currently sitting idle. Ran out of systems to plug it in to!

I seem to have bought an AT-LP5 by accident.

£49.99 ex demo so not really a gamble. First impressions rather good.

Forgot to post a pic of my SL-D2K back when I mentionned her couple months ago (doh!)

Here she is now :

aB1UheD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom