What Tube Tester do you Use

sony6060

I have a like new condition Hickok 799 with built-in C-99 adapter for later tubes. Hardly use it, but cool vintage item to own.

Low-hours Hickok 6000A with both socket plates (I rarely deal with Compactrons, so the plate for older tubes is installed) and a tiny little B&K 606 emissions tester. I keep an ancient Triplett emissions tester at my parents' house in case I find a screaming CL deal while I'm there.

Last edited:
A Sencore Mighty Mite II

attachment.php

now I use a Hickok 533 cause its so flamine easy to use.
I have an Eico 666 and mity mite 162 as well and use on ocassions.
Like em all.

Hickok 600A, though I am told the transconductance measurement is typically on the low side, so don't throw out your tubes if they are reading 4000 instead of 5000.

I'm not in the league with you Kickok guys. My brother gave me an EICO 625 emission tube tester as a gift. He had too many of them.

I cleaned it up. Replaced the lamps that were burned. Fitted a new window for the scrolling list, fitted a new power cord and carrying handle and checked out all the innards vs. the schematic.
Before and after pictures:
file-4.jpg

file-7.jpg

I like the looks of that one better than my 666. and all those big levers on the 666 annoy me. the 625 has small ones.
just an observation.

I'm not in the league with you Kickok guys. My brother gave me an EICO 625 emission tube tester as a gift. He had too many of them.

I cleaned it up. Replaced the lamps that were burned. Fitted a new window for the scrolling list, fitted a new power cord and carrying handle and checked out all the innards vs. the schematic.
Before and after pictures:
file-4.jpg

file-7.jpg

Good tester, I use one of those with a "hang on" compactron adapter for testing sweep tubes. It's crazy versatile with that adapter deal.

B&K 747 that I got from a fine AKer in OZ.:thmbsp: With a little work and some trading around for a new pushbutton bank (THANKS Frannie:yes:)to replace a cracked one I've got it working for most tubes.

I have a Stark 9-66 that I recently picked up, which is basically a Hickok. This is my first tester, easy to use and very helpful.

Attachments

• $(KGrHqN,!qUFB,qzFGhJBQop3MC1T!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqN,!qUFB,qzFGhJBQop3MC1T!~~60_57.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 27
I use Sencore MU150 for most of the modern tubes. Love it for ease of use and ability to test compactrons and other weird tubes. One drawback it can't test older 4 pin tubes, so until recently I've been borrowing a tester that could. A few months ago I, however acquired a Jackson 468S, so I am all set now...
Cheers, Paul.

Back
Top Bottom