What was the last movie you watched?

onepixel said:

Visually stunning, inspiring story of honor and love, and had a kick ass soundtrack!

Going to see this tonight or tomorrow.

I've loved the story ever since I read "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield...who cares if Miller's story is historically accurate or not, it looks like a heck of a movie.

Working on "Matewan" in the bedroom VCR; always fall sleep before it finishes.

Good film about organizing coal miners in W. Va.

On Golden Pond was on TV last night on a movie channel. I'd forgotten how good it was (Seen last when it came out on the big screen) and what a hard body Jane Fonda was in it. (Not that she ws in it much)

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Just saw 300 on Saturday. Great movie.

Most don't realize is an adaptaion of a Graphic Novel (ie. comic book) of the same title. That is the reason for the grandiose imagery and characterizations.

"I Think I Love My Wife",written,directed and starring Chris Rock.For a man whos so insightful as a stand up comedian,his films are so stilted,wooden,and one dimensional.The main reason I went to see it was that it was a remake of Rohmer's Chloe In The Afternoon.Yeah,sure it was.Like those Emerson all in one fake retro record player cd combos are remakes of a thorens TD-124.
Jimmy

Tombstone, the one with Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer. Seen it so many times but it’s still worth watching if only for the "Gun trick" Scene Doc Holiday steals, and the actual gunfight. That is probably one of the most true to life enactments of a face to face western gunfight ever put to the silver screen. The fear, the first draw and how it occurs. The running, the blind shooting at times, and the sudden cessation of shooting when it’s over.

I doubt it’s what really happened blow by blow, but few gunfights were of the classic “high noon meet in the street”, and this scene really impresses me in its human portrayal of the characters, whether the characters actually were like that or not. The different emotions they portray I think are accurate of different peoples reactions to that sort of fight.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp: :thmbsp:

Saw "Hombre" last night. Don't know how I missed it with all the TV watching we do, but I thought it was kinda boring. Has to have the least amount of dialogue ever. Paul Newman did the best he could on this one.

I saw "Breach" recently. Its about the capture of Robert Haansen, the russian spy. Great movie. Also saw Sentinal, which was good, but not great.:yes:

theblackknight said:
I saw "Breach" recently. Its about the capture of Robert Haansen, the russian spy. Great movie. Also saw Sentinal, which was good, but not great.:yes:

Yeah,I saw it too.Really good movie.I thought it was something that they had been looking for this traitor for decades,and the traitor was leading the investigation.Ryan Phillipe looked like he was punching way out of his weight class alongside the great Chris Cooper.

2DualsNotEnough said:
the great Chris Cooper.

The first film I can recall him in was "The Patriot". Then I saw him in "Seabiscuit" and he really stood out. When I go to IMDB I see how much he did before that. I'll have to see "The Breach" as this could just be his bust out film.

He won the oscar for Adaptation.Thats a strange,complex performance,if ever Ive seen one.He was also great in American Beauty.
His rugged looks probably made it hard for him to break into Hollywood.But sometimes talent wins out over looks.Look at Kathy Bates,or Robert Duval or Phillip Seymour Hoffman.
Jimmy

The Right Stuff. (Movie about choosing and training the original 7 Mercury astronauts)

Good mix of original and hollywood film.

Pretty good, even the kids liked it, they usually don't like "dated" movies.

:thmbsp: :thmbsp:

300 (at theater) -- great movie, quite possibly the most violent movie I've ever seen, incredibly gory, albeit almost entirely CGI
Unforgiven (on DVD) -- quite good, but I was not prepared for the pacing, now that I know, will have to see it again

Shooter,with Mark Wahlberg and Danny Glover.It felt like one of those late 80's,early 90's action flicks where you kill tons of people and there doesnt have to be any logic,and there are no consequenses for your actions.
In other words,I enjoyed it a lot.Good fun as long as you turn your brain off.
Jimmy

Now, Voyager 1942 starring Bette Davis. :thmbsp:

There are a couple of shots and scenes on a ship that I'm just about sure were borrowed by James Cameron for Titanic.

Back
Top Bottom