What was the last movie you watched?

Free State Of Jones

Wow. What a story. Storyline material is rarely this good.

free-state-of-jones-dvd.jpg

I reckon thats why its called The hateful 8 - not a one of them wuz nice folk, so they wuz all gonna die.

Well, that and it's his 8th film (grin) ... and why I said "splatter film - typical Terantino!"

But the Bride wasn't misogynistic - she kicked ass! So did Jackie Brown ...

Yes she did kick ass right down to the five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique. :)

Watched 'TRAINSPOTTING' for probably the 20th time yesterday after I read an article about the upcoming sequel coming out soon. Hard for me to fathom that it's been 21 years gone by. This one absolutely stands the test of time.

Girl On A Train
You know that you've selected wrong when 60 seconds into a movie you are saying to yourself "Oh no. I'm not going to like this". I lasted 4 minutes before ejecting it. You might like it.

Edit: Just looked at the Rotten Tomatoes assessment and I'm glad to know I made the right decision.

The_Girl_on_The_Train.jpg

Cohen Brothers can somehow mix the sinister with the humorous.

"Intolerable Cruelty" got panned by the critics and is hilarious, as was "Burn After Reading". "Hail Ceasar" was discount-theater-worthy, "Inside Llewyn Davis" was not IMHO.

Arrival

I loved this movie. For once we have a movie which doesn't feel the need to spell out it's complicated plot twist in advance. You know, because we are too stupid to comprehend it unless they break it down for us.

An alien film for grown ups. Here's hoping you get to see it before some moron spells the plot out in its entirety and spoils it for you.

large_Arrival-Poster-2016.jpg

"... it tries to treat them as respectfully as possible. I don't want to be the one saying "Let's dumb it down".

That is a quote from the special features portion of the Arrival Bluray disc. It is a shame more filmakers don't respect their prospective audience like that.

Amy Adams first came to my attention in the movie Doubt. It also is a masterful film. Chock full of incredible performances from master actors. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it wholeheartedly:

Doubt%20(2008)1.jpg

Amy Adams first came to my attention in the movie Doubt. It also is a masterful film. Chock full of incredible performances from master actors. If you haven't seen it, I recommend it wholeheartedly:

Doubt%20(2008)1.jpg

I think Amy Adams has the best scene in the movie,when PSH is asked about the incident,and gives a weak explanation,and Adams gives this reaction of relief mixed with a certain amount of gullibility,which I think the character uses to try to absolve the priest of wrong doing in her own mind.Its a great bit of acting.

I think Amy Adams has the best scene in the movie,when PSH is asked about the incident,and gives a weak explanation,and Adams gives this reaction of relief mixed with a certain amount of gullibility,which I think the character uses to try to absolve the priest of wrong doing in her own mind.Its a great bit of acting.

It was her acting in the movie which had me going "Who is this woman??". I had never seen her before I saw it and I was stunned at how talented she was. You expect sublime acting from Hoffman and Streep. They were both at the top of their game in Doubt, but Adams surprised me at how she not only held her own in that company but as you said, almost stole the movie from them. Quite the talent. Arrival gives her the chance to shine once again.

John Wick 2 - Not as good as the 1st, very little plot, connect 3 dots and you've got it. Go see it for the action.

"Self/Less" (w/Ryan Reynolds) was on the tube last night. Not much of a movie. Hard to believe that it was directed by the same guy who did "The Fall". Just a waste of my time and yours. And what's up with Ben Kingsley? He's in more crappy movies than anyone else these days.

Back
Top Bottom