What was the last movie you watched?

Pulp Fiction, first time I've seen it in it's entirety since 1994, it holds up very well and should have won the Oscar for that year.
The only somewhat jarring note is when Tarantino makes his appearance as Jimmie, he should stay behind the camera, maybe it was less annoying in 94 when he was relatively unknown.

Silk Stockings, with Cyd Charisse as a beautiful Ninotchka. Good God, what a pair of Legs! Fred Astaire was a bit too old for the role, but he was still spry and fun to watch. Peter Lorre provided great comic relief as one of the highly corruptible Russian commissars.

cd3089897cedc89f2b8e787424219c95.jpg

Last edited:
Jack Reacher :Never Go Back

Entertaining fantasy. Action Fluff. Non stop action. Nothing intellectual here.

Jack_Reacher_Never_Go_Back_poster.jpg

The Wannabe

Unusual movie about misfit couple. Interesting enough to maintain the attention. No redeeming characters here. The seedy underworld of the seedy underworld. I liked it.

images

The Wannabe is based upon a true story. Apparently the version to see if you are interested in the story is:

Rob The Mob

Rob_the_Mob.jpg

"Sophie's Choice" (1982)

No matter how many times I've watched it, I always get hit in the gut at the end...even though I already know the ending.

Movies like this about possible real life events and the harrowing "forks in the road" that they have had to deal with really sets me back on my heels.

They make me think. They make me glad that I've lived where I have, enjoyed the fruits of my labour and have enjoyed the people around me.

I have much to be thankful for not going through what others as Meryl Streep portrayed in this movie had to endure.

Q

Last edited:
Watched SW Episode One all the way through for the first time. I wonder if Lucas could put out a new version with Binks digitally demastered completely out of the movie ?

The last of the Star Wars franchise that I watched was the one with Natalie Portman and Hayden Christensen. That was so bad I vowed never to watch another one.

"Vertigo" (1958) I`m a Hitchcock junkie, so you know I liked this film....James Stewart and Kim Novak did an excellent job here, and I love all the old cars....Stewart drives a `56 DeSoto coupe, Novak`s ride is an early `50s Jag. Lots of nostalgia in these films....

Thought I'd give "the Book Of Eli" a shot since I like most of Denzel's stuff. What an unintentional funny bit of crap this was. There are so many plot holes "the Book Of Swiss Cheese" would be a more fitting name. Watching Gary Oldman chew up the scenery is always great but overall, this is a waste of time.

Jack Reacher :Never Go Back

Entertaining fantasy. Action Fluff. Non stop action. Nothing intellectual here.

Jack_Reacher_Never_Go_Back_poster.jpg

Indeed, if a reader of Child's Reacher, one really has to fantasize for Cruise taking on the role of this protagonist in his many novels.

Q

"Vertigo" (1958) I`m a Hitchcock junkie, so you know I liked this film....James Stewart and Kim Novak did an excellent job here, and I love all the old cars....Stewart drives a `56 DeSoto coupe, Novak`s ride is an early `50s Jag. Lots of nostalgia in these films....
I watched it the other night myself on TCM.

Back
Top Bottom