What was the last movie you watched?

Champs

Boxing as examined via the lives of Mike Tyson, Evander Holyfield and Bernard Hopkins. Interesting documentary.

013132628516b-640x907.jpg

Mighty Morphing Power Rangers, with my grandson. Great SFX but for anyone that can tie their own shoes it's a bit lacking substance.

It was cool to see Elizabeth Banks play the big bad though.

rita repulsa.jpg

I read the book, but totally missed the movie. Thanks for the reminder. I'll order it up tonight or tomorrow. Daniel Day-Lewis? Love his acting. Ever since "Last of the Mohicans".

Yep, also Juliette Binoche, and Lena Olin as a yummy Sabina. Hope you don't mind bare boobs, lol. ;)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Every once in a while I like some pure fantasy. Same author and many references to Harry Potter, but it's own still the same. Eddy Redmayne plays the lead but may not have been the best choice. (he was much better in The Danish Girl) Effects were good and the story didn't get too whacked out by the end, but it was again just a little too long. Sounded great on the HT with all the effects.

Saturday night some friends wanted to see one we have seen many times, but still an awesome movie. Even better when you have read and understand Swedenborg's Heaven and Hell, which half of the movie is based on.

What Dreams May Come - This movie won awards for special effects way back in 1998 and the painting scenes are still up there with today's cgi. So the story is a little depressing at times, but the overall message is good. This is Robin Williams in one of his most serious roles with a host of other good supporting actors like Cuba Gooding Jr. Again, knowing a little Swedenborg will go a long way understanding the scenes in the second half of this film, but not required. It does need more than one watch by anyone to catch everything tho.

What Dreams May Come - This movie won awards for special effects way back in 1998 and the painting scenes are still up there with today's cgi. So the story is a little depressing at times, but the overall message is good. This is Robin Williams in one of his most serious roles with a host of other good supporting actors like Cuba Gooding Jr. Again, knowing a little Swedenborg will go a long way understanding the scenes in the second half of this film, but not required. It does need more than one watch by anyone to catch everything tho.

Robin Williams was a very good actor in a several of his serious roles. Awakenings tops the list for me.

Robin Williams was a very good actor in a several of his serious roles. Awakenings tops the list for me.
Robin Williams could combine comedy and drama like no other. "Bicentennial Man" is a perfect example of this. It's based on several concepts put forth by Isaac Asimov and he still brings a touch of humor, hope, and humanity to his role as a robot.

Bicentennial%20Man%20Andrew-0-1280-0-1024.jpg

Last edited:
Life - interesting Science Fiction. A little light on the "science", I guess. Made me wonder how we should handle it when/if we actually do find life out there... I know I ain't gonna touch it!

I personally enjoy watching North By Northwest and To Catch A Thief the most out of all of Hitchcock's movies. Cary Grant was made for Hitchcock.

Robin Williams could combine comedy and drama like no other. "Bicentennial Man" is a perfect example of this. It's based on several concepts put forth by Isaac Asimov and he still brings a touch of humor, hope, and humanity to his role as a robot.

View attachment 898039
I use the quote 'One is glad to be of service' at work on occasion.
It seems soooo fitting at times.
I even had to show some of my co-workers where the quote comes from.
IMO a very underrated movie.

Just watched Midnight Special last night.
I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.
The movie moves along well and the acting is first rate.
A thinking man's movie (if I can use that Un-PC phrase).
The ending may leave you a bit let down or lost.
Still well worth watching.

"Once Upon a Time in the West"..........10 stars, arguably the greatest Western ever made. A movie that requires multiple viewings. Like all Great Human Endeavors, the Mind needs time to breathe it all in.

I know how pretentious I sound, but movies, music, audiophile quality equipment, literature, etc share these traits.

Back
Top Bottom