What was the last movie you watched?

Ronin, with Robert DeNiro and Jean Reno directed by the late John Frankenheimer. The thinking man's action movie. i was quoting it line by line and my wife was laughing.
"Weapons Man" to Sam: "You ever kill anybody ?"
Sam: "I hurt somebody`s feelings once !" :)

Globe Atlas (2012) I tend to agree with the mixed reviews on this one.
Maybe not quite a great movie but certainly a good one, it held my attention for three hours and despite the four different story lines it was easy enough to follow.
It will probably require a repeat viewing to completely understand it.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

"The Taking Of Pelham 123"
A 2009 remake of the excellent 1974 original, this one starring Denzel Washington, John Travolta, Luis Guzman, John Turturro, and James Gandolfini.
The premise: a group of armed men hijack a NYC subway, demanding a ten million dollar ransom. Denzel plays Garber, the railroad dispatcher who becomes the go-between on the phone, dealing with the ringleader (Travolta). Garber uses his wits and experience to gain an advantage over the criminals.
IMHO, one of the better sequels....

Europa Report, solid, suspenseful low budget Sci Fi, real Sci Fi, not the exploding shoot em up kind.

A near future trip to Saturn's Moon Europa is documented through onboard camera footage.

It's not perfect, there are bits here and there that don't ring true, but overall it looks way better than you would think a 10 Million $ movie could and the suspense is often intense.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wind River - An well acted thriller. Highly recommended. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
Also saw Wind River.
A serious adult story about a professional game predator tracker and a rookie FBI agent investigation of the rape and death of a young native American woman. It is the second directorial effort of the director of Hell or High Water and has Jeremy Renner, what else do you need to see it?
I generally like to watch a movie that might be good "cold", and did so in this case.
Here's a review and synopsis if you don't.
http://www.kcci.com/article/review-wind-river-is-a-snowy-slow-burn/12097259

Frank Zappa Roxy The Movie.

Frank at his inimitable best.

iu

'Marjorie Prime' with Jon Hamm, Geena Davis, Tim Robbins and Lois Smith. In the not-too-distant future, a woman interacts with a holographic recreation of her deceased husband. Kind of tough to watch her slipping into dementia but thought-provoking. A perpetual question: If technology gives us what we ask for, is that a good thing? Very good acting, especially Geena Davis. "Blade Runner" meets "Interiors." Much more a family drama than a science fiction movie.

Logan Lucky

I think Daniel Craig lost a bet and making this movie was the penalty.

Logan Lucky

I think Daniel Craig lost a bet and making this movie was the penalty.
As much as I enjoyed Daniel Craig's James Bond, I doubt he wants to retire typecast as 007.
First time I recall seeing him before Bond was as the totally convincing despicable heir to Paul Newman's last screen appearance as an Irish American crime lord in The Road to Perdition.

Back
Top Bottom