What was the last movie you watched?

Last night`s BR DVD selection: Paramount`s 1973 release "Serpico".
I think a very good movie with good acting by Al Pacino..
Hadn`t watched in years and decided to take break from Christmas themed movies from the past week.

Interesting special features post watching the movie..

Take care folks and a Merry Christmas to all.

Kind regards, OKB

"Bringing Out The Dead" (1999) Nicholas Cage plays Frank Pierce, a burned out, alcoholic/coffeeholic ambulance driver in NYC, trying his best to survive another stressed-out shift in his chaotic profession. Among Frank`s demons are visions of the ghosts of people that he has failed to save. Also starring Ving Rhames, Patricia Arquette, and John Goodman.
Martin Scorsese directed.
IMHO, this film probably deserves more attention than it ever received....

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (2017). Amazing acting. . . . If you've seen it and like it (and I can see why you would because it has some gripping/emotional/visceral scenes), didn't the two (not just one!) chemical fire extinguishers that appeared out of nowhere make you scratch your head?

As that scene was playing out, you said to yourself "where did they get them fire extinguishers?" Seriously?

Revenge or forgiveness was the theme. Fire extinguishers or outdoor advertising was the perfect metaphor.

Last night`s BR DVD selection: Paramount`s 1973 release "Serpico".
I think a very good movie with good acting by Al Pacino..
Hadn`t watched in years and decided to take break from Christmas themed movies from the past week.

Interesting special features post watching the movie..

Take care folks and a Merry Christmas to all.

Kind regards, OKB

Great movie....helped to launch Pacino`s prolific career, also popularized the Browning Hi-Power pistol.

And Christmas day evening`s B-I-L`s BR DVD selection from my collection : Clint Eastwood`s early Malpaso film company`s 1977 offering..
The "Gauntlet" : staring of course, Clint Eastwood(also directing) and the very attractive Sondra Locke istmas, with Pat Hingle in attendance.. :thumbsup:
We enjoyed the film, though we,(my B-I-L and myself, had fun picking at it in various scenes/scenarios.. :oops: + o_O + :confused:

But that`s ok, you got to like Clint, and in 1977 he hadn`t been directing much by this time, or at all, prior to this movie, and it is 40 years old this year..
He made up for it latter on..

No special features though !! :(

I hope you folks had a pleasant Christmas holiday weekend and are ready to reengage "the grind" until New Years eve/day and then it`s forward on into 2018..

Take care and kind regards, OKB

And Christmas day evening`s B-I-L`s BR DVD selection from my collection : Clint Eastwood`s early Malpaso film company`s 1977 offering..
The "Gauntlet" : staring of course, Clint Eastwood(also directing) and the very attractive Sondra Locke istmas, with Pat Hingle in attendance.. :thumbsup:
We enjoyed the film, though we,(my B-I-L and myself, had fun picking at it in various scenes/scenarios.. :oops: + o_O + :confused:

But that`s ok, you got to like Clint, and in 1977 he hadn`t been directing much by this time, or at all, prior to this movie, and it is 40 years old this year..
He made up for it latter on..

No special features though !! :(

I hope you folks had a pleasant Christmas holiday weekend and are ready to reengage "the grind" until New Years eve/day and then it`s forward on into 2018..

Take care and kind regards, OKB
Play Misty For me was the first Eastwood film I ever took a close interest in. That was his directorial debut.

Great movie....helped to launch Pacino`s prolific career, also popularized the Browning Hi-Power pistol.

Thanks MaxxVolume, and I agree..
14/15 shot clip semiautomatic`s are the only way to fly, with one in the pipe "locked and loaded".. Yes !!

Excuse me "Mr. bad man" ?? Can you wait while I chamber one ?? Thank you, and how kind of you to wait !! Not !!

Take Sir.
Kind regards, OKB

Play Misty For me was the first Eastwood film I ever took a close interest in. That was his directorial debut.

You`re right theophile, and I have that Feme fatale BR DVD too, and forgot..

Thanks for stirring up my two remaing brain cells.

Thank you Sir. and enjoy the rest of your holiday evening..

Kind regards, OKB

Well, we watched Die Hard and Die Hard 2 Sunday (got the BluRay box set), then Monday we watched half of "Its a Wonderful Life" -
got distracted, and ddn't get back to it - (He hadn't jumped yet!) ... maybe after work tonight ...

Ghost In The Shell

I will admit that it wasn't until I watched the Blu-Ray extras that I realised that this movie was preceded by the original Manga and the spin-off Anime. I liked it despite not knowing the provenance of the story. A good tale in and of itself.

Ghost_in_the_Shell_%282017_film%29.png

Wilsonov (2015) , a czech film directed by Tomás Masín and starring Jiří Macháček, Vojtěch Dyk and Táňa Pauhofová. I enjoyed this film a lot. It shares some of the crazy and fantastic world of Kusturica and Fellini.

MV5BNTk2Y2U1MGItM2UyZS00NDBlLTlkOTctYWVhNjEyMzdhMTk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjIxMzMyMQ@@._V1_.jpg

With just the two of us on Christmas, we started a fire, and watched Die Hard...Still great.

After that we watched Passengers, a sci-fi from 2016, that turned out to be pretty good, in a stalky, Helsinki syndrome, love story, kinda way.
onesheet.jpg

Tuesday evening was a BR DVD twofer--
Started out with a 1942 Republic Pictures B/W unrated John Wayne movie: "Flying Tigers", BR DVD 102 min. release by Olive Films..
I did enjoy it pretty well, but had some war effort propaganda`ish sections in it, but I guess that would be expected for the time period/WW II USA`s war effort and utilizing JW`s popularity..

The second BR DVD selection from my collection was one of my favorite comedy movies of all time, since I first saw it on cable back in the spring of 1982 : The Steven Spielberg`s rated PG 1979 release of : "1941" starring John Belushi, Dan Aykroyd with Ned Beatty, Lorrain Gary, Murray Hamilton, Christopher Lee, Tim Matheson, Warren Oats, Robert Stack, Treat Williams, Slim Pickens, & a few other comedian/straight actors in the cast..

This BR DVD has two versions available for viewing : the original Theatrical version @ 1hr & 59 min and the Extended version @ 2hrs. & 26 min..
I decided to watch the extended version last night, as I had watched the original quite a few times in the past.
No commentary audio track available, sadly, but the special features were very enjoyable, and almost as long as the original movie in length !!
According to Mr. Spielberg, John Milius, ect. in the special feature`s interview`s this movie originally bombed in the USA in 1979 when released, but was very popular in Europe !!

I don`t give a damn what any critics say, I find this movie funny and enjoyable..
Enjoy it, or not, Like it or not.

Regards, OKB

Went to see Alexander Payne's new work "Downsizing" with Matt Damon in the lead role. I wish I could tell you what it was really about, but I have no idea. My daughter thought it was a masterpiece, but I was left confused.Kind of cool to see all the Omaha, Nebraska sights in the movie. Matt's movie home is a couple blocks from my daughter's place in central Omaha.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom