What was the last movie you watched?

'George Washington Slept Here'. Ann Sheridan, Ann Sheridan, I think something about an old house, some more Ann Sheridan, The End.

Rear Window (1954)
(James Stewart, Grace Kelly, Wendell Corey)

A wheelchair-bound photographer spies on his neighbours from his apartment window and becomes convinced one of them has committed murder. - IMDb

Classic Hitchcock!

Grace Kelly is the most beautiful woman I have ever seen (definitely top 5). :D

The Mountain Between Us.

Idris Elba and Kate Winslet.

Pretty good, if somewhat predictable tale of two people thrown together in a life or death situation. It never really felt like they could actually die, if I'm being picky. There are plenty of other survival movies that portray the aspect of actually staying alive better than this movie did. The human story was good though and both actors were very watchable in their roles.

I'd probably go 6/10, maybe a tad more.

The Last Jedi (12/15)
Rogue One (12/21)

Both movies made me want to watch The Empire Strikes Back

None of the new 'Star Wars' movies come close

Rear Window (1954)

A wheelchair-bound photographer spies on his neighbours from his apartment window and becomes convinced one of them has committed murder. - IMDb

Classic Hitchcock!

And you have to admit that Matt Groening and Co. did an excellent rendition of this
à la The Simpsons.

And tonight`s rated (R) BR DVD selection from my (B-I-L`s choice) collection, in keeping with, in this case, as a somewhat ongoing Christmas theme..

The 1983 Paramount Pictures: "Trading Places" with Dan Aykroyd, Eddie Murphy, and of course, the lovely & very sexy Jamie Lee Curtis and the great actors Ralph Bellamy & Don Ameche..
I`ve seen this movie probably 10 times, but always find it enjoyable for good laughs.. :thumbsup:

Kind regards, OKB

Excellent pick, Bill. I've worn out my copy of this on DVD. Randolph's reaction to the price action moving against his short orange juice contracts is a big part of the reason why I don't short any sector of the market to this day. :)

Inside Out - Pixar/Disney release from 2015 -
Minnesota hockey girl suffers when her parents move to San Francisco,
but the real story is the stuff on the inside!
My oldest daughter was 17 in '15 when this was released and brought it to my attention. I'll state on record that this is one of their most underrated releases. The plot is very thorough, the digital animation is simply top notch, and why this is not up there with the Toy Story/Finding Nemo/Cars franchises I'll never know. I think I actually watched it twice.

Elf - 2003

anigif_enhanced-31015-1417807383-25.gif

Will Ferrell is totally hillarious.
Ditto. I watched this all the way through for the first time this past Sunday with my wife per recommendation from one of her co-workers and simply enjoyed it from beginning to end. I'm a fan of the man's comedy and simply don't know how I let this one slip past me.

Immediately after watching the aforementioned Elf...

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation (1989)

NLCV.jpeg

The "dysfunctional family" schema was taken over the top, as in past being actually funny, on this one. I know Chevy has legions of fans from his SNL days and his work strikes me as genuinely funny, but this one simply didn't "do it" for me. He overacted the sequence during his monumental struggle to light the Christmas lights (literally) blanketing his home, the social miscues from the extened family proved nerve racking, and the indirect manner in which he kept disrupting the household of his neighbors (one of which was "Elaine" of Seinfeld fame) simply got on my ^#*(@! nerves. Mavis Staples of The Staples Singers fame singing the lead song of the soundtrack sort of made my stomach hurt. Vaction and European Vacation engaged me. This one didn't.

Rear Window (1954)

Classic Hitchcock!

And she was one of the most classy Lady`s who ever existed, as well as a stunning beauty, IMHO. :thumbsup:

Last night`s BR DVD selection was a very dark and Gothic styled movie : Miramax`s/Dimension Films "The Crow" (1994) starring Brandon Lee(RIP), & co-starring Ernie Hudson, Michael Wincott, running time is listed as approx. 101 minutes.
Sad story.
Brandon sure took care of the evil guys in the end and his spirit had closure.
Not a widely popular movie, but I enjoyed it.

Had not slept for 24 hrs. so I didn`t make it to the special features this time.

A few years old, but I watched The Other Side of Heaven, true story of a Missionary sent to the islands of Tonga in the 50s. Great movie

Back
Top Bottom