1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by outlawmws, Feb 18, 2007.

1. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri." Better and deeper than I expected from the previews. A bit long but worth seeing.

electronjohn likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. I have this on DVD. You simply have to admire George Bailey's perseverance in the face of Harry Potter's trickery at the bank. I know it's only a movie, but I swear every time I watch it I want to stick my hands into the screen and ring Potter's neck.

hjames likes this.
  3. Poinzy

Poinzy Super Member

'Out of the Past'. Robert Mitchum, Kirk Douglas, Jane Greer

tubed, hi*ball, the_nines and 2 others like this.
  4. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber

Another pleasant surprise from Sandler is "Reign Over Me" with Don Cheadle.

5. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

Lady Sings the Blues (1972)
    (Diana Ross, Billy Dee Williams, Richard Pryor)

The story of the troubled life and career of the legendary Jazz singer, Billie Holiday. - IMDb

Never seen it before. Ross is a pretty good actress.

Worth a view. :thumbsup:

Bill Ferris likes this.
  6. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

Last night`s B-I-L`s BR DVD selection from my collection, was the Weinstein Company`s 2006 release "The Last Legion" staring Colin Firth, Ben Kingsley, and the very pretty Aishwarya Rai.

We thought it was a pretty good movie, though it was the first time either of us had ever heard of or watched it, as it was brought over last night by a friend with a handful of other BR DVDs, who orders, and "sometime`s even speculatively selects" BR DVD`s for me from Amazon.

The ones that he "thinks" I might be interested in that he purchases without my knowledge, if I watch them and end not interested in owning(very rare !), well then he keeps and I don`t pay for them !!

He is my trusted personal movie critic and has very similar tastes as me..
    This arrangement we have, goes all the way back to the early nineties, when I was first getting into projector HT & buying laser discs. Pretty sweet deal, me think`s !

7. soundmig

soundmig AK Subscriber Subscriber

Saw the movie "Downsizing" a few days ago. Really odd flick. It was not at all what I had expected, and frankly I found it quite strange.

8. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Heat" (1995)
    Hadn`t watched this in quite a while....made me realize what a Grand Slam Michael Mann hit with this one, IMHO one of the all-time great crime films. This one has it all....incredible blend of all-star cast, excellent, coherent storyline, great locations, hypnotic musical score, and a shootout to end all shootouts....

Johnno_Oz and Bill Ferris like this.
  9. Bill Ferris

Bill Ferris Super Member

Last night`s BR DVD was a very interesting, bazaar, and pretty funny 2017 movie called: "Kingsman" (The Golden Circle).
    It came with 2 discs: (1) 4K, and (1) regular BR..

Rated R with a run time of 141 minutes staring Colin Firth, Julianne Moore, Mark Strong, Halle Berry, with Elton John, Chaining Tatum, and Jeff Bridges..
    I really enjoyed this comedic spoof on spy type movies..

B-I-L didn`t stop over last night, so I didn`t fire up the 4K Sony projector, but played the regular BR DVD into my 52" Sony LED HD flat screen.
    I will suggest this as a possible 4K movie to him the next time he stops by, so I can see how much difference I can tell between the two resolutions/display types..

Be safe and enjoy yourselves on this New Years Eve, folks.

Kind regards, OKB

MaxxVolume likes this.
  10. Mowgli

Mowgli Runs with scissors Subscriber

"...you're a cantaloupe..."

11. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

12. illini

illini The Past is Alive

15 (upc: 667443550143), dvd, a film by Royston Tan

A movie about teenage gangs in Singapore.

13. HunterMcD

HunterMcD Everything louder than everyone else Subscriber

Samurai Cop. Thank god for riff trax. What a hilariously huge turd. :)

14. davidb1

davidb1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

That Marathon Man dental scene gave me nightmares for days.

RDecartridge and Bill Ferris like this.
  15. jimfet

jimfet AK Subscriber Subscriber

Watched all 6 of the Thin Man movies on TCM last night. This has always been one of my favorite series of movies. I loved the little tidbits TCM gave us between the movies.

MaxxVolume likes this.
  16. MaxxVolume

"Julie & Julia" (2009)

A very engaging story (TWO stories, actually) of a New York City woman, frustrated with her job,and to break her routine, decides to prepare all 524 recipes contained in Julia Child`s cookbook "Mastering The Art Of French Cooking", giving herself a timeframe of exactly one year.
    Interwoven into this film is the story of Julia Child, her early years learning to cook in France, and her subsequent rise to fame after her book got published.
    Characters are played superbly, with Meryl Streep as Julia Child, and Amy Adams as Julie Powell, who lives (and cooks) in a tiny kitchen in Queens. Stanley Tucci is excellent as Paul Child. Based on a true story.

hi*ball, KiM3Ce and Hyfi like this.

17. MaxxVolume

Nick & Nora (and Asta, too) had that magic chemistry that always makes for good entertainment. IMHO, the two earliest films were the best....

18. jimfet

jimfet AK Subscriber Subscriber

I agree. Plus the first 3 stories had the original writer and the first 4 movies had the same director. (tidbits there) But they were all good. Wonder how many dogs got named Asta back then.

19. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

6 Days

Condensed dramatic recreation/retelling of the 6 days leading up to the 1980 London Iranian Embassy Siege intervention and rescue. Worth watching.

[​IMG]

20. illini

illini The Past is Alive

Halloween III - Season of the Witch (Universal ISBN 0-7832-9213-9, upc 025192360626), dvd, 1982

This one and the original Halloween movie are the only two in the series worth watching.