What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by outlawmws, Feb 18, 2007.

1. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

Dead Poets Society (1989)
    (Robin Williams, Robert Sean Leonard, Ethan Hawke)

English teacher John Keating inspires his students to look at poetry with a different perspective of authentic knowledge and feelings. - IMDb

I saw this one a looong time ago and managed to catch it again a few days ago.

Enjoyed it more the second time around.

Great flick! :thumbsup:

Vinylforlife, Bruins and judsonw like this.
  2. squirrelnest

squirrelnest Addicted Member

3. Bruins

Bruins Active Member

This movie was great
    "Hot Dam, Rye Dirt, Ya'll Better Get Your Ass Against The Bar"

4. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

The Mountain Between Us
    Never got into it.

5. I participated in a Po marathon with my four-year-old son this afternoon/evening. We watched Kung Fu Panda 1, 2, and 3. It's an excellent franchise featuring story lines that can grab and hold the attention of children and adults alike.

2008:
    Kung Fu Panda 1.jpg

2011:
    Kung Fu Panda 2.jpg

2016:
    Kung Fu Panda 3.jpg

6. rkgren1

rkgren1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I am not much of a movie watcher.
    But week before last I bought a copy of "Fight Club" at GW for $0.50.
    Excellent movie.
    That ending...I did not see that coming. :)

7. KeninDC

KeninDC Speedfreak Jive Subscriber

The Outsiders (1983). Francis Ford Coppola directed this (and Rumblefish). Based on the S.E. Hinton novel that was written when she was in high school. So there's lots of melodrama and some corny narrative tricks like the school fire that makes the fugitive boys heroes. Plenty of overacting and narrative gaps. Bit it is a fun watch of you grew up with those actors (Swayze, Dillon, Cruise, Macchio, Lowe, Esteves, and a cute Diane Lane).

darkblue94 likes this.
  8. beat_truck

beat_truck Super Member

Train To Busan (2016)
    Basically a South Korean version of World War Z, except on a less grand scale. It was surprisingly good.:eek: It actually had characters I gave a damn about, decent acting, and OK effects. I liked it BETTER than WWZ, which I guess isn't necessarily saying a lot.:biggrin: It was recommended on another forum, otherwise I would have never known about it, or I would have overlooked it, figuring it was total crap. The only things I didn't like were the subtitles, and the zombies were the modern, fast, dinosaur shrieking, milky contact wearing type. I like the slow, Romero style zombies better.:thumbsup:

guiller and KeninDC like this.
  9. NeedForSpeed

NeedForSpeed Hands Off The Stereo Subscriber

Enter The Dragon, Longtime favorite

Bill Ferris and Bruins like this.
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat Sound Hound

I’m a new Netflix subscriber so if the movie your listing was viewed on there I’d love to know it. As you were.

11. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Bullitt" (1968)

Hadn`t watched this in a while, it never gets old. Outside of the obvious, I now look at all the smaller details within this great film....Bullitt`s very cool corner apartment, the little convenience store across the street where he stocks up on his Swanson TV dinners, the vintage advertisements for the San Francisco strip clubs of the period, all the fantastic vintage cars, that way cool avant-garde jazz group at the night club, the nice little cameo by Robert Duvall (as the cab driver), and of course, the absolutely wicked stunt driving by both McQueen and (Charger driver) Bill Hickman, who also worked similar magic in "The French Connection" and "The Seven Ups". (And for all you "detail freaks", if you pay close attention, you`ll note that much of the same car chase audio track was used in all three movies !)

the_nines, Bruins, guiller and 4 others like this.
  12. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Mother!

What a strange story. A confusing tale by design. I was going to be slightly critical of this film due to the story. The twist at the very end saves the story. Unlike any story I have seen before. Possibly needed a stronger actress than Jennifer Lawrence.

[​IMG]

Bruins likes this.
  13. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

Armored Car Robbery (1950) Excellent Heist film with lots of period Los Angeles scenery including the exterior of Wrigley Field. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

armored-car.jpg

14. KiM3Ce

KiM3Ce AK Subscriber Subscriber

"The Post". Definitely worth seeing. Meryl Streep is great as Kay Graham, Tom Hanks not as good in the Ben Bradlee role.

Also "The Viceroy's House" on Netflix. Interesting history but just didn't grab me. It would surely have been better on the big screen.

15. theophile

theophile Pheasant Plucker. Subscriber

Blade Runner 2049

I'm about three quarters through this. A brooding tale of hitmen, liars, deceivers and non-truth tellers. Gosling is suitably deadpan. Engaging and I couldn't tell you why. It is fluff but watchable fluff. Don't expect a 'boiler'. Tepid it aint. It simmers along at its own pace. Worth a watch if you are patient and don't expect anything too deep. War And Peace, it aint.

[​IMG]

16. hjames

hjames Nabbed ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Colossal (2016) - Anne Hathaway, Dan Stevens, Jason Sudeikis, Tim Blake Nelson. (not your usual Sudeikis comedy part!)

An odd film about alcoholics, and the lives they lead - in New York, then in a small town, and as monsters destroying Seoul ...
    I was stuck watching this - had to see where it was going to wind up - not bad, per se - just .. ... odd!
    All little snowflakes are important somehow!

17. Condorsat

Condorsat Audio Enthusiast

Wind River ... Great character drama & story line ... unforgettable gunfight scene at end of movie ...

Taylor Sheridan just continues to hit it out of the park IMHO.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018 at 11:38 AM