What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by outlawmws, Feb 18, 2007.

1. illini

illini The Past is Alive

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen (1989/2008, Columbia Pictures / Sony Pictures, upc: 043396191747, isbn: 1-4248-5823-2), dvd, two discs

It's like a cross between Lord of the Rings and The Muppet Show....

Beatnik and teal'c like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. illini

illini The Past is Alive

Beowulf (Director's Cut, 2007, Paramount), dvd, upc: 097361323145, isbn: 1-4157-3941-2

guiller likes this.
  3. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

"The Green Mile" (1999)

Fourth
    time viewing, but it still packs the same emotional impact on me.

Tremendous portrayals by all characters in this powerful movie, with so many lessons in life that are shared as you press your nose up to the glass on this silver screen treasure.

Q

Pio1980 and Bruins like this.
  4. hnash53

hnash53 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I watched "Get Out" two nights ago. One of the "best picture" nominations. Pretty bizarre. Better, though, in my opinion than "Shape of Water," but still not best picture stuff to me.

Also watched "Lady Bird" a few weeks ago. OK... but best picture nominee? Nah...

Bruins likes this.
  5. Dude111

Dude111 Analogue is Awesome

I just watched FRIDAY THE 13th (1980) on VHS :)

Bruins, guiller and Te-Te like this.
  6. Eric H

Eric H AK Subscriber Subscriber

Manos, Hands of Fate, MST3K version.

Best movie ever made, 5 stars, two thumbs up, 100% Fresh, it's a crime it wasn't even nominated for an Oscar. :crazy: :rflmao:

The guy who played Torgo committed suicide before the film opened, he had issues before he made the film, but facing this humiliation couldn't have been helpful.

7. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

Though not a movie I'm watching Movin On with Claude Akins.Its a trucker buddy series from the seventies .Lots of old cars to look at.

Bruins likes this.
  8. robgmn

robgmn Super Member

"A Quiet Place".
    It takes a lot for me to NOT know what's going to happen next (and this one was predictable), but I enjoyed the heck out of it.

9. slow_jazz

slow_jazz Lunatic Member

Watched Ronin.

Great movie..

Mowgli, guiller and Bruins like this.
  10. 2011etec

2011etec Super Member

The Eagle and the Hawk.Fredrick March and Cary Grant (1933).Good ww1 flying movie and Hells Angles another ww1 flying movie.

Bruins likes this.
  11. teal'c

teal'c It's all moo

[​IMG]

Te-Te likes this.

12. Te-Te

Te-Te Learning never exhausts the mind. Subscriber

Proud Mary- good action film with an enjoyable soundtrack
    Then watched,
    Molly's Game- I found this to be a pretty good movie also.

Bruins likes this.
  13. the_nines

the_nines AK Subscriber Subscriber

The Search (1948)
    (Montgomery Clift, Ivan Jandl, Aline MacMahon)

In post-war Berlin, an American private helps a lost Czech boy find his mother. - IMDb

Nice little movie. A very young Montgomery Clift.

14. hjames

hjames dancing madly backwards ... Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Started to watch the neflix Lost in Space reboot (ugh! who comes up with this disjointed storytelling style??)
    - so my wife wondered about the 1998 Lost in Space movie - could not recall watching it,
    so I cued it up on Netflix and off we went to watch it!!
    Hey what ever happened to Heather Graham, anyway??

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  15. luke85

luke85 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

KeninDC and Te-Te like this.
  16. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Isle of Dogs.
    I like a well told story by an original teller, Wes has a unique style, and he doesn't do the same thing twice.

KeninDC likes this.

17. MaxxVolume

MaxxVolume AK Subscriber Subscriber

"Big Fat Liar" (2002)

Stars Frankie Muniz, Amanda Bynes, Paul Giamatti, Donald Faison, and Amanda Detmer
    A nice family-oriented comedy, in which 14 year-old Jason (Muniz) is a habitual liar, so no one believes him when he has a short-story manuscript stolen by an unscrupulous Hollywood film producer (Giamatti), who plans on turning the story into a film.

Jason and his best friend Kaylee (Bynes) set off for Tinseltown to settle the score, with the help of a few sympathetic folks who have also been screwed over by the producer. This is a light and lively film, a good way to pass a couple of hours.

Te-Te likes this.
  18. Yamaki

Yamaki Not For Hire Subscriber

19. noogies

noogies My Favorite Woofers. Subscriber

Finally got around to seeing last summer's big hit, Baby Driver. Not sure what to make of this one. Early on, I thought it was being self consciously "stylish" in a kind of half-assed tribute to Michael Mann, but it sort of grew on me. There are some great driving scenes in which what I must assume are some pretty impressive CGI effects are seamlessly blended with live action. The performances, however, seemed mostly stock and to varying extents phoned in: Kevin Spacey (was this his Hollywood swan song?) was competent in the kind of paternal elder statesman role that he's played to better effect elsewhere (I'm thinking 21 here), Jon Hamm was just Don Draper as a hired assassin (not a big stretch), and Jamie Foxx was a prototypical angry black psychopath. I kind of liked the kid who played the title role. He had a kind of a disengaged millennial diffidence that was perfect for the part.

The soundtrack, which was widely billed as being the best thing about the film, was ideally suited to the story, script and production design, but didn't really knock my socks off.

All that being said, there was something of an engaging plot (which is a component often overlooked in modern filmcraft), the performances were adequate for their purpose, there was some clever-ish dialogue, and the movie had a cohesive look and feel and was decently paced.

I give it a recommendation, but with reservations as noted above. I would be curious to compare notes with others who have seen it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  20. KeninDC

KeninDC Speedfreak Jive Subscriber

I enjoyed Baby Driver. Dumb in an extremely entertaining way. Well-filmed. I liked John Hamm's character, his girlfriend, and haircut.

Best line: "living room."

MaxxVolume, Pio1980 and noogies like this.