What was the last movie you watched?

12 to the moon (1960) MST3K version.
12 Astronauts take off for the Moon in a rocket with rooms the size of a Condominium.
The Scientific equipment is the usual assortment of government surplus electronics, and the furniture is Herman Miller fiberglass chairs and reclining deck chairs attached to the walls with conduit clamps.

The one forward thinking feature of this movie was the crew, six years before Star Trek and they had an International, Multiracial crew with a mission to insure the Moon belonged to no one country, the ship was of course run by a rugged American man that Mike and the Bots dubbed "Sledge Riprock", "Tank Concrete", "Ron Codpiece" & many others. :rflmao::rflmao:

It's a terrible film, don't attempt to watch it on it's own, get the MST3K version, which also has an hilarious riff on the 1956 General Motors film "Design For Dreaming"

:thumbsup::thumbsup: for MST

:eek: for 12 to theMoon.

Armour of God 2: Operation Condor

tumblr_ovtlpy2AFc1wzvt9qo1_500.gif

What Happened To Monday

Noomi Rapace is amazing in this movie(if you see it you'll understand). The movie itself or more particularly the story I found less compelling. Very original premise. I found the plot twists and the holes in the story annoying. I watched over an hour before switching to fast forward mode. Scores with originality plus Rapace's performances but too many plot holes and contrived situations.
We watched half, maybe 3/4 of this - could not stand it enough to keep watching great potential - but !!!
Just unfocused and ... yes, agreed - too contrived!

Noomi Rapace was spectacular as the characters. The director must have agonised over how to film some of that stuff. There is so much to admire about the movie, but the story was half- developed. Full marks for effort. Shame about the result.

Watched the Snowman tonight.

Solid thriller Fassbender was Harry Hole a drunk detective.

I guess there are a lot of books in the series.

Won't You Be My Neighbor? The Mr. Rogers documentary. We never really know the people we see on TV and in the movies, but this reinforced my belief that he was the real deal. He was human, it was the 60s and 70s, sponsors had to be pleased, and I got the impression that his family may have had a good bit of editorial control, but we could still stand a few more people like him nowadays.

EDIT: His testimony before the Senate Commerce Committee and grumpy old Senator John Pastore is pretty amazing.

Last edited:
On connaît la chanson (Same Old Song) (1997), a film directed by Alain Resnais and starred by Agnès Jaoui, Jean-Pierre Bacri, Sabine Azéma, Lambert Wilson, André Dussollier and Pierre Arditi.

Quoted from Wikipedia:

The most original feature of this "musical" is that characters break into songs as sung by the original artists, i.e. depending on the circumstances, a female character may all of a sudden start singing in a male voice and vice versa. The judicious choice of songs and variety of styles make for some very funny surprises, considering the complete and voluntary absence of transitions between the talking and singing. The film's debt to Dennis Potter is acknowledged with a dedication in the opening credits.

On_connait_la_chanson.jpg

Potter’s The Singing Detective is one of the best things television has ever produced. Thanks, will look for Same Old Song.

The Pirates Of Somalia

This got lukewarm reviews but I liked it from the start and that didn't change. Basically an adaption of a book. I got the feeling that the story was pretty authentic and barely elaborated upon(ie there was no sex scene and the guy wasn't portrayed as a hero or a patriot). Heavy subject matter but really a relaxed movie.

thJXSGSDAC.jpg

"Two Lane Blacktop" (1971)
Cutting to the chase....for gearheads only !
The downside....minimal dialog. Ditto for the acting....
The upside....you`ll never get to see another film starring James Taylor (The Driver), Dennis Wilson (The Mechanic), and Warren Oates (GTO). And then there`s this totally bad-ass, rip-snortin` `55 Chevy with which they engage in some serious street racing.
For whatever reason (parallels my twisted youth), I still like this film !

All Governments Lie

Inspired by I.F.Stone an independent debunker and exposer of government lying. I knew nothing about I.F.Stone prior to watching this documentary movie.I liked it. Will you?

20_456702_0_AllGovernmentsLieTruthDeceptio.jpg

Back
Top Bottom