What was the last movie you watched?

MIssion Impossible : Fallout

Exactly what I expected and it was nonstop action from end to end. Cruise, Pegg, & Rhames as unlikely as it might seem play great off each other.

I had a blast.

day-of-anger-review.jpg

The Greatest Showman - OMG, its a overkill Autotune Festival.
I had deliberately avoided the critics reviews on this - since I am pretty sure Hugh Jackman could sing and dance on his own just fine.
I suppose its a foregone conclusion that if its a musical, Autotune get cued on and stays on 'til the credits complete.
Maybe the rest of them can't sing with the impact of Keala Settle,
but when I hear the womp womp of the little girls in the pitch bender ... sad sad.

Makes me want to watch Moulin Rouge now -
Better songs and the autotune wasn't as cranked up there!

Sounder 1972 The story of a sharecropper family in 1933, Louisiana. Terrific movie. Taj Mahal played a role and his music is the soundtrack.

We try to go out to the movies at least once a month, though the pickings are slim during the summer. Took a chance on Mamma Mia!: Here We Go Again, because, well, the great Meryl Streep, Christine Baranski, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, Andy Garcia...

Even if you roll your eyes, as I do, at the thought of ABBA’s Music, this film is just plain fun. Plenty of eye candy besides the aging stars for you and the S.O. Cher is just as ridiculous as you would expect. One particular scene with Meryl’s and her daughter’s characters singing together was actually a tear jerker. Forget your prejudices, just go see it, have fun!

Last night, with B-I-L`s selection from my BR/DVD collection. was the 2008 movie: "Eagle Eye"..

Very interesting, and potentially realistic movie about our every increasing loss of privacy, because of the information gathering, & storing government/private sector data mining vacuum cleaners, and what might happen if it gets out of control, and or misused.

Pretty disturbing, but highly recommended, if not viewed yet.

Bought for me, a number of years ago, by my long time, recently retired @ 30years +, from government employment, friend.

The special features are very informative as well.

As you folks may, or may not, see fit.

Kind regard, OKB

I just got home after watching Mission Impossible Fallout

Take two big spoonfuls of Suspend Disbelief and enjoy over two hours of non-stop sweaty palms action.

The Greatest Showman - OMG, its a overkill Autotune Festival.
I had deliberately avoided the critics reviews on this - since I am pretty sure Hugh Jackman could sing and dance on his own just fine.
I suppose its a foregone conclusion that if its a musical, Autotune get cued on and stays on 'til the credits complete.
Maybe the rest of them can't sing with the impact of Keala Settle,
but when I hear the womp womp of the little girls in the pitch bender ... sad sad.

Makes me want to watch Moulin Rouge now -
Better songs and the autotune wasn't as cranked up there!

I saw this while at the in laws. It was enjoyable as a movie. I was not looking for an audiophile experience, so the autotune was not an issue.

Mission Impossible: Fallout. Non-stop keep you on the edge of your seat action. Totally implausible but a barrel of fun. Don't try to analyze it. Just enjoy the ride.

Sounder 1972 The story of a sharecropper family in 1933, Louisiana. Terrific movie. Taj Mahal played a role and his music is the soundtrack.

This one is a gem indeed and though it received accolades back in the day it isn't often included in contemporary discussions of film literature.

Back
Top Bottom