What was the last movie you watched?

The Nun's Story (1959)
(Audrey Hepburn, Peter Finch, Edith Evans)

After leaving a wealthy Belgian family to become a nun, Sister Luke struggles with her devotion to her vows during crisis, disappointment, and World War II. - IMDb

Enjoyable ... then again, any movie with Audrey Hepburn more-or-less is.

The Nun's Story (1959)
(Audrey Hepburn, Peter Finch, Edith Evans)

After leaving a wealthy Belgian family to become a nun, Sister Luke struggles with her devotion to her vows during crisis, disappointment, and World War II. - IMDb

Enjoyable ... then again, any movie with Audrey Hepburn more-or-less is.
I watched it the other day on TCM. I thought it was a very good movie and I learned some stuff......Like, who the Hell would want to be a Nun?

The Ballad Of Buster Scruggs

MV5BYjRkYTI3M2EtZWQ4Ny00OTA2LWFmMTMtY2E4MTEyZmNjOTMxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDg4NjY5OTQ@._V1_.jpg

Wow! The Coen Brothers have released another cult classic. This consists of six unrelated shorts, each a little darker than the one before it. Lots of twists and turns, decent acting and endings that will leave you either laughing, crying or scratching your head. Incredibly beautiful cinematography. Have the popcorn ready and be prepared for one hell of a ride.

Tom Waits really shines in this. Liam Neeson plays something other than a bad-ass.

I'll have to look for this.

Filmed partly in New Mexico. IMDB lists Albuquerque, but I know they filmed some of it in Santa Fe up on the summit at the ski resort area as my brother and I went hiking one afternoon up there last August and they were filming a segment that day. Cables dragged *everywhere*.

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Saw this yesterday. The first movie of the series was fun. This one is much darker. Still lots of cute beasties and plenty of magic. Johnny Depp is almost unrecognizable, does do a great job as the evil villain. A bit heavy on the FX, which sometimes intrudes on the story, which is, of course, well written.

Midnight Run (1988)

An old favorite buddy/caper comedy. Robert DeNiro is a bounty hunter and Charles Grodin is his prey. The byplay between these two is priceless and Grodin's low key deadpan approach to his character is especially engaging. DeNiro plays DeNiro, which in this case is perfect, as his character is a composite of DeNiro caricatures.

There's never a dull moment and director Martin Brest paces thing flawlessly. Kudos also to Yaphet Khotto for his spot-on portrayal of a humorless FBI agent and Dennis Farina as (what else) a bad-tempered Mafia kingpin. Actually, all the supporting players are ideally cast -- couldn't find a weak character.

An extraordinarily professional production that fires on all cylinders. They don't make movies like this anymore, but they made a lot of them in the '80s and this one is among the very best. Highly recommended.

"Dying Of The Light" (2014)

Nicholas Cage is Evan Lake, a terminally ill veteran CIA agent who has dedicated his entire life to The Company, and is now being squeezed out of the loop by his superiors. When Lake finds out from his protoge` (Anton Yelchin) that a terrorist thought to be long dead is still alive, Lake goes off the reservation in a quest to kill this enemy.

IMHO, this film loses it`s way, becoming muddled and unbalanced in it`s journey. Not one of Cage`s better films.

Wait...what? Cage had better films? I gave up on his films after Raising Arizona. They are always mildly entertaining but nothing stellar. I guess RA spoiled me. :(
I bailed after The Rock ConAir and Face/Off. The only Cage movies I've watched since then were Adaption and National Treasure.

TRIED to watch "Eye Of The Beholder" and was able to stay until the end...hoping that the movie would make sense, but it didn't.:rolleyes:

I usually try to avoid reading the synopsis on the back of the case, but wished I had in order to understand what the heck was going on. Not going to try to explain the plot as it was so thin/vague. I couldn't if I tried.

Avoid this flick! :thumbsdown:

Q

Stranger Than Paradise
(Jarmusch, 1984)

* A year in the lives -- and misadventures -- of circa mid 1980s "proto-hipsters". A delightful, if aimless, tale. I'll watch this again.

The Death of Stalin -
what a brilliant mad farce!

I know not of this film and I know practically everything there is to know re: V.I. Stalin. Is this thing a documentary or a fictionalized account of "his final days"? I s'pose I oughtta look it up...

Back
Top Bottom