What was the last movie you watched?

Sling Blade 1996
Written, directed and starred in by Billy Bob Thornton.
Excellent movie.
Astonished he did not get an Academy Award for leading actor.

Glass.
I've seen it get some stick but I loved it. If you enjoyed Unbreakable and Split you should definitely see it.

Unlocked (2017) - Starz On Demand

Noomi Rapace (played Lisbeth Salander in Dragon Tattoo)
Orlando Bloom
Toni Collette
John Malkovich
Michael Douglas

Some stars and Rapace is intense but the movie is just OK

Last edited:
It's Alive!
(Cohen, 1974)

* Interestingly weird (schlock) horror classic that's most noteworthy for two things:

(1) soundtrack by the GREAT Bernard Hermann and

(2) original (ie, 1974) theatrical release limited to Chicago only. (note: the film would be re-released, nationally, in 1977).

I.e.: if ya ever be discussin' this film w/ folks who claim to have seen it @ the movies when it first came out in '74, ask em if they were in The City Of Big Shoulders in '74 cuz that's the only place it ran. If they were not, then they're (a) remembering the '77 release or (b) lying.

It's Alive!
(Cohen, 1974)
I.e.: if ya ever be discussin' this film w/ folks who claim to have seen it @ the movies when it first came out in '74, ask em if they were in The City Of Big Shoulders in '74 cuz that's the only place it ran. If they were not, then they're (a) remembering the '77 release or (b) lying.

I saw it on cable.

"Polar" recently released on Netflix. A bit weird with some over the top violence. Not everyones cup of tea but I always liked watching Mads Mikkelson act.

I s'pose it was inevitable that it'd make it to cable. Sci-Fy or similar?

One of the Premium commercial free stations I believe. I prefer those, not only because they are uncut and not interrupted by commercials but because they generally offer closed caption subtitles, which helps me a lot.

Back
Top Bottom