What was the last movie you watched?

IO - on Netflix - kind of low budget end of the world film with 2 actors -
Nicely filmed, mostly, but it dragged on and I hated the ending - and predictable in a few places.
I swear, its like the reality shows, there is no substitute for a good script writer.

Just picked up a DVD of the 1977 Ridley Scott epic "The Duelists". Harvey Keitel,and Keith Carradine Duel repeatedly during the Napoleonic era.
The Duellists.jpg

Hot Cars (1956) This barely qualifies as a movie at only 60 minutes run time, but short can be good in some cases. I watched this on a terrible bootleg DVD that was obviously dubbed from a bootleg VHS copy, Amazon has it to Stream but I didn't want to pay $2.99 to find out if it was better quality.

The plot; honest used car salesman (as if) loses job right as his sickly son needs surgery, he's forced to take a job with another car dealer dealing in "hot cars".

It's short, simple and fairly enjoyable, mostly because of the vintage location footage (and now classic cars) of Santa Monica and other So Cal locales, I'd like to find a better copy though.

Train to Busan (2016) a South Korean zombie movie directed by Yeon Sang-ho and starring Gong Yoo, Jung Yu-mi, and Ma Dong-seok. Great film!!

Train_to_Busan.jpg

Interesting thread. I believe I can use this to help me pick out films to watch. The wifey and I just finished watching Deadpool 2. Ultra violent and very funny in a bizarre way. I think it's safe to say I enjoyed it more than the better half did. I make a bad critic. I seem to enjoy everything.

Last night: The Bill Murray Stories
Interesting. Liked it.

Tonight: The Revenant
3rd viewing.
Hardy and DiCaprio are excellent in this wild adventure.

Thunder Road (1958) Starring Robert Mitchum, and featuring his real life Son playing his kid brother. It also features Keely Smith, who's a bit stiff when she's not singing, this was her first movie however.

They wrecked a lot of 57 Fords in this.

Great Mitchum (ahem) "vehicle" I (re)watched only a couple of months ago. It is superb and among a handful of films I watch annually.

Solo_A_Star_Wars_Story_poster.jpg

Better than the initial reviews I read would have suggested. Probably will watch it again sometime.

I saw Gravity and Roma; they are utterly different, each brilliant in their own way. I enjoyed Gravity and my wife did not; I admired Roma more than I enjoyed it but my wife loved it. If you have Netflix you can see Roma now so you have nothing to lose. You will know within 30 minutes whether it is for you... Good luck!

30 min? That long?

I give a movie 15 min, max.

Get Low (Netflix)
Robert Duvall
Bill Murray
Sissy Spacek
Lucas Black

Awesome, awesome story/movie.

Thought I’d seen it before but couldn’t remember much about it.
Searched this thread and found my post on it from 7 years ago.

Took time and watched Alien: Covenant last night
- formula in places, but not nearly as bad as some folks made it out to be -
Followed it up with the Emperor Penguins episode of Earth: Dynasties - (documentary TV show)

Witness (1985). Peter Weir sure can direct. Ford's best flick.

2019 Oscar Shorts (animated). I see these every year in the theater with the wife. Not as good as previous years, but the monkey and pirate in "The Wishing Box" were great. Monkeys are funny.

Back
Top Bottom