What widely-held AK view do you not share?

Hey, I get the same arguments when I tell people I don't care for fish. Many fish-lovers tell me that the real reason is because I have not given fish a fair trial. Or I didn't have the right kind of fish. Or it must have been prepared badly. If only I would let them guide me, they would open the world of fish-loving to me, and I would be amazed and delighted.

There is nothing wrong with not liking fish or any other type of food. I'm 62 and still do not care for liver. However I did not like asparagus for 40 years, lamb for around 45 years and mushrooms for about 53 years. now I love them all. Life is fluid everything changes or can potentially change.
What the hell, one day I may even like New Large Advents, Pioneer receivers and those fancy record cleaning machines. Nah, I don't even own a turntable.

cubdog

Last edited:
Probably better then the 901's

well I don't have room for those anyway... and it was sort of a joke - but I'm
interested to see what all the anti-hype is about. I tend to be an odd-ball
and wouldn't be surprised if I like them... maybe I'll find some cheap old ones
just to see what they sound like.:scratch2:

AFAIK that only applies to the 901s. I thought it needed mentioning because I've read posts here where someone bought 901s without the dedicated equalizer. If my post was unnecessary my apologies.

By Dynaco's do you mean A25s? IMO a very sweet sounding speaker.

AFAIK that only applies to the 901s. I thought it needed mentioning because I've read posts here where someone bought 901s without the dedicated equalizer. If my post was unnecessary my apologies.

no apologies required here...I'm a sponge for info and will take whatever I can get.

The Dynaco's are only the A10's --- the A25's were not fitting in the budget at the moment.
I'm putting together something for my bro-in-law... and want to give him some choices, but
I've got to cut off the selection somewhere... so far he can choose between:

KLH 24's
Wharfdale W30D MKII's
Dyanco A10's

None of them are "choice" of their brand (I don't think) --- but at least he'll
get an idea and have a starting point...

He'll get first crack at whatever he wants ... I'll take my favorite of the remaining 2 and probably
sell the last one.

You or rather your bro in law could do a lot worse than any of the speakers you've listed. If he doesn't like at least one pair perhaps you should hit him with something.:D

You or rather your bro in law could do a lot worse than any of the speakers you've listed. If he doesn't like at least one pair perhaps you should hit him with something.:D

hmmm :scratch2: I'll have to keep that in mind... who knows if he'll ever even
listen to it. He's the radio biz and just wanted something "vintage"... but it's been
fun shopping with his money... :thmbsp:

[Emphasis above, mine.] Think I just talked a guy out of doing just that...he said he wanted to flip 'em. I pointed out it would be a better candidate for profit if the EQ were included. He replied the buyer could just pick one up himself; I opined that if they were that easy to find it wouldn't be MIA, since that either made them more valuable, or at the least an easier and quicker sale. He has several pair of speakers for sale now and no time to fool with it even when he really does have time - a hoarder's instinct is evident. He may yet bite and bring home 901s, then he'll check the drivers - not before. I hoard vicariously through him, which works well for my living space. Just in case he reads this let me assure him now that I've had conversations similar with three different guys in the last few days, and it's one of those other two, not you.

Last edited:
I have given so many compliments how NAD is great value sound/$ and how it made more audiophiles from casual listeners than any other brand out there. I have worshiped the 3020 many times out loud on forums.

I love NAD because it is cheap and sounds good.

But its not great. ;)
I think this statement sums it up nicely. I have some NAD equipment and I am perfectly happy with it and feel I got what I paid for regarding sound quality. It's good...not great.

Back
Top Bottom