What would be the 'best' Sansui amplifier for sound quality?

Please post the 'different' list, maybe also the 'what you like' list? - interested to see your lists as you have so much experience of these rare ones.

That would still be a Sansui AU X1. Connected a Sony ps-x800 with a xl55 pro cartridge today. Speakers Yamaha's NS2000.
Like Pink Floyd sings: Welcome to the Machine!!!

The one I'm listening to. And I have several to choose from ... <G>

My favorite all time is the QR4500 quad. Excellent tone and quality, really capturing that classic warm Sansui Sound. And the IO is freakin' spectacular.

Good looker too ...

qr4500-showcased.jpg

I had the chance to audition B2105, back then when it was introduced, and recently , from a friend , who bought the pair, c2105 b 2105.
Even if it is the same as AU-X1111 it doesn't like it. 1111 sounds better. 2105 is a bit sterile. Well at least to our ears. Both me and my friend.
I would say , that apart from AU-X1 and 1111 , 2301's are probably the best machines in SANSUI's history. 2302's being almost identical fall in the same category.

jomark - your opinion

For me, the best is, most real sound !!! B2105 is the most truly playing Sansui! And what you like is another story ...

B2105 is built on the diagram 907MR
907MR plays almost identically to AU111
You are saying, therefore, that the AU 111 is a sterile ????? ....

Strange evaluation criteria taking ...

at the end modules B2301 and B2302
for you are almost the same ....
Let me not comment on this because for me is two two amplifiers Sansui differ essentially all ...

Regards !

Attachments

• b2301l-51j.jpg
    b2301l-51j.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 81
  • b2302-2p.jpg
    b2302-2p.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Sure everyone has an opinion. And you know what Clint Eastwood said about opinions back in the past.
As for 907mr playing identically to AU 111, which is a tube design , I have serious doubts , and hence the equation 2105=907=111 is completely unsuccessful.
As for b 2301 b2302 , Kale has answered you in the past. Riken resistors and elna caps don't change the schematic of an amp. Architecture is the same. Some minor improvements don't mean anything drastic. I own both amps and have checked them thoroughly.

http://www.niji.or.jp/home/k-nisi/b-2301.htm

Give it a google translation to get this.

As described above, B-2302VINTAGE is, B-2301 inherits the since of the technology and structure, polished and more thorough, full-scale enhanced the grade
was a specific high-power amplifier. Evolved into a dense sound with balanced high-resolution Yawarakakara Zu of balance Zu Katakara, scale is large ransom for clear
Ru sound was just feeling that the finest machine of Sansui

DSC00381.JPG DSC00475.JPG Jomark I'll show you something ...
Two modules: 907XR, and 907 MR
Almost no different truth ????
Exactly ... They play a completely different
Why do you think ???
Maybe Kale knows ??? ...

Ok maybe you are one of the golden ears and we are not. It doesn't have to be Kale , or anybody else who knows electronics , to tell you that two architecturally same designs sound the same. Now if someone wants to tweak a little bit the sound by changing a cap here or there and a resistor value here or there , well be my guest.
Also now that it came to my mind. If you adjust bias lower to one , either you'll end up having a different sound.

Man!

All Sansui model 607 to the B2302 is based on the same scheme !!!! According to you all playing the same ???? Wade more ...

Higher models from the lower differ primarily in the type of parts - written many times ...

Talking horse with shaft ...

I do not convince you - do not even want ...

It depends on the music you want to hear and of course the speakers connected and also your age, with the time the sense of quality changes. To me at my almost 50s I'd say that the AUD-11 is a very good amp, very balanced. About 10 years ago or more I'd though that the Alpha series like the AUD-alpha 607-extra are the best, more aparent bass, treble pronounced and seems to has more power

it's clear ! Everyone likes something different!
However, high-quality sound is a different matter - is some constant features !!! and this is the topic! ....

Regards !

It is good that we have discussion like that, but if someone, like you czubsi, force yours opinion like the only one right opinion, that is not discussion!

Here I would not say anything about topic of this thread, because I know how you czubsi will react, but I just wish to say you: a good man live and learn…

End of discussion from my side here….

it is not about me and my opinion
comparing the AU-111 with 907 MR example here:

http://www.sansui.us/issues_AU111vsAL907MR.htm

I agree with this opinion 100% because both compared !!!
Writing about Sansui, they play just because they have a similar pattern is just weird not to say bluntly ...

Strange is one

One of the colleagues presented 907 limited and all the crowing with delight
The second presents on another thread B2105 MOS and again the same reaction
I am presenting two at a time + AU07 which so far no one presented and .....
The problem probably is not Sansui and sound ....

What knowledge does not hurt, you can purchase it or reject - the choice each of us ....

Regards !

Last edited:
Man!

All Sansui model 607 to the B2302 is based on the same scheme !!!! According to you all playing the same ???? Wade more ...

Higher models from the lower differ primarily in the type of parts - written many times ...

Talking horse with shaft ...

I do not convince you - do not even want ...

Nice to see you back on audiokarma, czubsi!

Having recently added a 607MRX to the collection and owning other Alphas, comparing the schematics from various models of this era, I must say that I do generally agree with czubsi regarding the differences between models.

As Sansui moved form the early alpha X-balanced all the way up to the hyper X-balanced and ultimate x-balanced topology, there were absolutely minimal differences in the circuit design, but the parts used (whether the base capacitors, or the polypropylene and styrene film bypass caps, or the Riken resistors) varied as the models were enhanced and refined. Sansui definitely put a lot of effort into these tweaks, and the results are evident in the sonic improvements throughout the AU-alpha range with minimal or no circuit changes.

it is not about me and my opinion but the negation of facts ...

Whilst I think your posts have been translated from your native language to English, the word 'fact' is probably too strong - they are opinions, even if they are the opinions of more than one person.

What can I say? The only Sansui I have ever heard is my AU-6500; a 10/10 perfect cosmetic 100% operational beauty that has never been worked on except me setting the DC offset & bias, and pot/switch cleaning... all still original everything. Controls are silent, runs cool, never have had an issue and has always sounded great. Sometimes I wonder if the clarity is helped by it having the minimum number of switch contact surfaces in the signal path compared to more full featured amps?
Only 28 watts but with LaScalas I'm listening deep into the first watt - strong, detailed, and musical.

I wish I had heard other Sansuis but I just haven't, only old same period Yamaha (30W) and Nikko (34W) neither of which could hold a candle to this amazing amp. Honestly, I can't imagine a much better sounding amp, which sounds funny as it is my only example of Sansui; I'm sure that other Sansui amps are superior to mine but it's just really hard to believe.

Back
Top Bottom