What would you pay for this? ( a reputable turntable)

biscuithead

Me likes the eargasm retroplasm...
6CA17AE8-091C-47DC-BF27-141EEE17B4B6.jpeg

This is all I have. It’s a friend of a friend that wants to sell it. Been in storage for years, unknown condition...

If you wanted to be fair (no scroes) what would you pay?

Am I being miserly or generous offering $800 ?

What series is that SME?

Seems low. The going rate for nice units is higher, the arm appearing to be Not an Improved arm which means it can be worth a couple bills more than the improved arms.

Sure the units will need work but those looking for this kit would pay a bit more and expect to do some work. And the cartridge is unseen. I'd say a couple more bills but you should look it over and get a full pic of the arm for a better quick evaluation. Need to make sure all the parts are there.

I had an uncle once that sold antiques and unique items. His comment on what something was worth: "It's worth what someone will pay for it." Since I am not as mechanically inclined on these type of things, it is not worth a lot to me, unless I can do some research on having it professionally restored and what the value would be at that point. That's my take, but I know many out there have the ability to restore something like this, so they will feel differently.

I’ll be able to make a better judgement when I’m in front of it... I’m kinda shooting in tha dark with the pic that was sent... I was told that the switch was broken, and it is conveniently left out of the picture...

With the completed Hamilton auction these tables were going for close to a grand, untested and the arm was another chunk of change. So one needs to think this one in unknown shape but from someone that might not have stuffed it in the basement under everything and in the damp would be close to a grand and a half with that more desirable arm on it, compared to the Improved versions. Just don't let the seller see this discussion.

With the completed Hamilton auction these tables were going for close to a grand, untested and the arm was another chunk of change. So one needs to think this one in unknown shape but from someone that might not have stuffed it in the basement under everything and in the damp would be close to a grand and a half with that more desirable arm on it, compared to the Improved versions. Just don't let the seller see this discussion.
I’ll gladly share all info... only looking to be fair, without being underwater...
But if a “junker” has a retail value of 15bills, then I guess I should up my offer.

The info I’ve received so far puts me somewhere between 700 and 1500. I’ve never really pined for one of these, but it would be cool next to the TD124... I’ll also have to judge how bad I want it...

Back
Top Bottom