What's British in your system?

2 sets of speakers, all thrift store finds:

2 pairs of B&W DM303 bookshelf speakers
1 pair of Wharfedale W60E's

Meridian 200 Transport (+ Trichord Clock4 & DOB)
Cyrus 3 Power (x4)
Cyrus PSXR (x4)
B&W N804
QED Silver Special 25th Anniversary speaker cable
DIY interconnects

Ariston RD-11s turntable with SME 3009 Type II tonearm:

ariston_sme.jpg

I have always been a big Fane speaker fan.
Always built my own.
In 1980 I made 2 speakers with a pair of Fane 12-50WRMS in each for a mobile disco.
It was very loud and sounded very good.

Since then I have built numerous cabinets in various styles with different drivers from 10 inch to 18 inch.
My favourite listening speaker is a folded horn box with a Fane 12-50WRMS 1980 driver in it.

I also have a 100 watt Marshall guitar amp.

My office system is mostly british brands, although probably made in asia for most of it

Bookshelves Monitor Audio Bronze BX2
Rotel RA930AX integrated
Cambridge DacMagic 100 feeded via USB mode 2

Very rich and clear sounding, almost a bit too much on the highs, reason why I'm switching the amp to a Myryad Z142 to try and listen if its a better match with the Monitor Audio

Just speakers at my house:

A pair of Wharfedale W60Es in the living room.
They have an admirable neutrality about them.

2 pairs of B&W DM303 bookshelf speakers, one set deployed on a bedroom system.
The B&Ws are punchy little speakers for such a modest size.

Naim NAC 112, NAP 150, CD5, and Epos ES-11.

Other British equipment I own: Armstrong 621, Creek 4040S2 (love this amp), Rogers LS1, and Epos ES-14

I popped two speaker fuses into the Arcam Delta 60 the other day, and it sings. I decided to put it in place of the Cyrus 2 in the shop system, as the Cyrus needs the source selector cleaned. To my surprise, the Arcam, bone stock, walked all over the Cyrus, even though I had done a complete recap of the Cyrus' preamp section with audio-grade caps. I have put way too much time & money into that Cyrus. The Arcam is there to stay.

Naim nDAC,
Mission Cyrus Two amplifier + PSX power supply,
Mission Cyurs One amplifier,
two SME 3009 S2 Improved tone arms on my two turntables,

... and if it counts (part British), AR-90, AR-30BF, and AR-17 speakers (all made in AR UK factory for the European market).

Naim CD555 / 555PS
Naim Nac52 / Supercap
Naim Nap500 / 500PS.

Never thought I would get one of these but just got a very good deal on a Naim CD555 head unit to replace my CDX2.

Originally bought the 555PS with plans to one day get a NDS but someone who already had the CD555/555PS bought an NDS and ended up with an orphan 555 head unit which was not easy to sell without a PSU.

555_800.jpg

photo off interweb

Last edited:
Hi all my British bits are a pair of B&W CM1/CM2 Concept 90 speakers a Rotel RC-970BX pre amp and a pair of Rotel RB-981 power amps and have just got a 3rd power amp a Rotel RB-980 which will power my subwoofer when I get it and a Target stand

Rega P9 turntable, Rega Saturn CD, Rega DAC, ProAc speakers in the main system. Rega Elicit integrated amp in the 2nd system.

Back
Top Bottom