What's British in your system?

Rega p3 24, rega fono, Audiolab 8000LX amp, Mission 751, raspberry pi which are made down the road from me in Bridgend, South Wales.

I popped two speaker fuses into the Arcam Delta 60 the other day, and it sings. I decided to put it in place of the Cyrus 2 in the shop system, as the Cyrus needs the source selector cleaned. To my surprise, the Arcam, bone stock, walked all over the Cyrus, even though I had done a complete recap of the Cyrus' preamp section with audio-grade caps. I have put way too much time & money into that Cyrus. The Arcam is there to stay.

I picked up an old Delta 60 a couple of years ago, then recapped and serviced it. I agree that it's wonderful. I prefer it to any of my other 'hifi' (as opposed to pro audio) amps and it's staying in my collection permanently. I found it improved a lot when recapped and serviced, although mine was in poor condition when I got it.

I've acquired lots more British stuff recently. Currently running an upgraded MC2 MC450 with ATC SCM19 v2. I also picked up a Studiomaster MOSFET 1000 and C-Audio SR707, both of which are currently with my engineer for restoration and upgrade. I'm very happy with the MC2 / ATC combo but also looking forward to hearing some oldschool MOSFETs.

Last edited:
I picked up an old Delta 60 a couple of years ago, then recapped and serviced it. I agree that it's wonderful. I prefer it to any of my other 'hifi' (as opposed to pro audio) amps and it's staying in my collection permanently. I found it improved a lot when recapped and serviced, although mine was in poor condition when I got it.

I've acquired lots more British stuff recently. Currently running an upgraded MC2 MC450 with ATC SCM19 v2. I also picked up a Studiomaster MOSFET 1000 and C-Audio SR707, both of which are currently with my engineer for restoration and upgrade. I'm very happy with the MC2 / ATC combo but also looking forward to hearing some oldschool MOSFETs.

I'm glad to hear from another Delta 60 owner! What caps did you use, and what did the "servicing" involve?

My first post in an audio forum, my British bits are:- Rega Planet CD (early '00's I think), Rega Planar 2 (1989 I think), Goldring 1042 cartridge, Albarry PP1 with MM phono input (1994 maybe), Q Accoustics 3050, all are currently being used. Elsewhere there's a Cambridge Audio A1 amp, Mission 771, Castle Durham 900. The non British would be a Pioneer PD S501 and a Sony Walkman Pro, there's also a Pioneer TX 410L tuner.

My first post in an audio forum, my British bits are:- Rega Planet CD (early '00's I think), Rega Planar 2 (1989 I think), Goldring 1042 cartridge, Albarry PP1 with MM phono input (1994 maybe), Q Accoustics 3050, all are currently being used. Elsewhere there's a Cambridge Audio A1 amp, Mission 771, Castle Durham 900. The non British would be a Pioneer PD S501 and a Sony Walkman Pro, there's also a Pioneer TX 410L tuner.

Nice kit. :thumbsup:

Welcome to AK!

I need to update my previous post. The CDM-1S are now being powered by a HK Citation 22, Kenwood C2 combo, and sound amazing!

Welcome to AudioKarma.

Still stuck on the (mostly) British kick with 3 pairs of KEF speakers in the house, along with a Rega turntable.

Garrard SL95B and Wharfedale W60E Speakers, I really like these speakers I just purchased them and thinking of replacing the caps

I lately bought myself this "ugly beauty". It is very small for a 40WPC unit, so I will have to check the power and how hot it gets, then..... The "defectiveness" was a blown too small a fuse, probably put in after previous repair, and the volume pot is very scratchy.....
I am amazed it still works and I now have a nice restoration piece....
Now I have to find a way to get it out of the enclosure without damage, it should be easy but it is stuck at the plastic pieces which hold some pins.....(bottom went off easy that is where the fuse .
resides....)
armstrong.jpg

Back
Top Bottom