What's on top of your speaker - Fun/Bizarre/Weird

Bahamayellow

Just looking around my audio gear I didn't realize how many things were on top of my speakers around the house. I guess it's to show case some of my collections of other stuff. I know people use to put plants on speakers and turntables which is probably not the best thing to do in this day and age. I wouldn't put anything damaging on a speaker today I know better but I know some of u have some cool and weird stuff on top of ur speaker. I will start off on my 8.1 I have a female Godzilla listening to the music with lipstick and a skull dog. Second pic is a eyeball bowling ball on a subwoofer. Let's see them.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Rabbit Furs and nothing else.

My clearfields were abused by original owner and have some rings from beers or other. My Dyns which have never had anything but the furs on them look as if they were just un-boxed.

I don't have many rules but the two main ones ar

Nothing on top of the speakers
and
Nobody but my wife and I touch my music or gear.

On one set I have a pair of Weltrons

welt01.jpg

One is cassette and one is 8-track

My speakers have been used for support towers for many many things. Reptile cages, plants. TV, stereo stuff, books, fish tanks, the occasional booty...

Now-a-days...
DSCN6985.jpg DSCN6987.jpg DSCN6988.jpg

And I think they still look good. Been a while since I vacuum brushed the grills so they're dusty, but that high quality vinyl still glows.

image.jpeg Hmmm let's see........ First my main set up.. We have records! Makes a perfect quick grab go to spot for switching them out. Second, a random sortment of glass pieces an figurines. I've always had a thing for glass objects as you can see. The fun part is, is seeing how much they vibrate an move around after cranking it up a bit. Last but not least it's kinda the corner storage catch all for some while not in rotation, makes great shelving.:biggrin: The last pic was taken several months ago while I was movin stuff around, since then I've picked up quite a bit more to put on them.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    34.7 KB · Views: 194
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    26.1 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 194
Being more than a bit of a time nerd, most of my speakers have at least one clock sitting on top of them. Don't have many pictures as of yet, but here's one of my HyperClock sitting on top of one of my Paradigm Studio Monitors:
hyperclock_small.jpg

And while this isn't a regular occurrence, I've had other stuff sitting on top of the Paradigms from time to time, at least for brief periods. Here are a couple of neat light-emitting devices I had sitting on top of one of them:
meterlamp_front.jpg

cubelite3.jpg

Last edited:
This is a cool thread! Great idea!

I have a pair of Kef 105s with the dust cover on, and can't put anything on them. Generally though, on any speaker I can put something on, I do. In my main listening room, if had the following.

The last picture was during renovations. I couldn't wait to put them back in their normal place in the room!

Attachments

• IMG_5351.JPG
    IMG_5351.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_5249.JPG
    IMG_5249.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3003.JPG
    IMG_3003.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_5074.JPG
    IMG_5074.JPG