What's on top of your speaker - Fun/Bizarre/Weird

Atop my bluetooth (or direct line in) "Pi" (π) 2-channel speaker sits any number of SANSA Clip Plus players, each loaded w/ music according to a theme, e.g. UK/British, USA "roots", (all) Metal, etc.). I have a few SANSA players, each maxed out to 64GB, so there's a lot to choose from. Past the SANSA sources, the speaker, being a Bluetooth device, is also attuned to receive & play anything loaded onto two laptops @ the maison, one @ 100 GB of FLAC, other @ ~ 4GB of FLAC, w/ no redundancies. In the instance of laptop > bluetooth speaker interplay, there might be NOTHING sittin' atop the speaker, but then again @ times there might still be one of several SANSA Clip players there, waiting in the wings as it were.

These are two good little fellows. Glass pig and Wood pig.

There's a big ceramic pig on my G-8700DB these days

P3280286.jpg

On 1 of my speakers is a glass of chocolate Milk right now.... On top of the other one is my Sony tuner and casette player :)

I ordinarily put something on my hard surfaced flat to speakers as a policy to prevent anyone from putting their glass on top. It works!

I'll post some more pictures of items I put on top of speakers when I find them.

I can't put anything on top of my speakers, it eventually rattles off. I have the non slip drawer liner stuff between my sansuis, and yamaha studio monitors so the yamahas don't vibrate off.

When I first read the original post my initial thought was "nothing" but then I started looking around at what was actually on them.
And honestly I was surprised...

Mostly because I should've known better with all the speakers I got around here,,,DOH,,,LOL...

Get some snacks & a drink,this is gonna be a LLLLOOOONNNNGGGG post folks. :lurk: :beerchug:

Where to start ???

Howzabout my Canton GL-260 speakers for the headphone/nearfield system that's part of the computer desk I sit at when posting here.
index.php

index.php

What you see ^^^^ above ^^^^ are some stencils that I plan to use on these speakers to make them sorta look like small ammo-cans.
That's so the speakers sorta match the "look" of my PC case that closely resembles a mini-gun ammo box I have (Corsair C70 in OD green).
The Canton speakers have been repainted OD green to blend in with those other items,you can see more pics of that rig in my album.
Album can be seen here >>>> http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?members/xero-d-hero.222886/

Then I thought,hmmm do subwoofers count as speakers ???
I'd hafta say yeah so vvvv here's vvvv what's on those...
index.php

This ^^^^ is the Canton AS85-SC subwoofer for my headphone/nearfield system mentioned above.
Pic Of Jimi Hendrix & his dad,got this from a guy at the post office when I was sending a package,noticed the one he had and he gave me another he had.
Thought that was a pretty cool thing to happen,two Hendrix fans randomly running into each other & remembering the genius & talent of the legend his-self.

index.php

This ^^^^ is the Celestion S20 sub for my main BR 2.1 system.
Nothing too exciting here just the cable box,but you can see the "death mechanic" logo that got stenciled on that sub as well.
The cabinet was sorta dodgy so I thought WTH I'd personalize it just a bit...
index.php

Here ^^^^ is a PSB sub that's in the process of being converted to a passive sub due to a DOA plate amp.
What you see on top of that is one of those el'cheapo Chinese active sub crossovers that I'm gonna use w/a NAD 2140 power amp.
Plan is to bridge the 2140 and use that to power the sub for the 3140 integrated I use in my basement workbench rig.
Not even 100% sure if the whole thing will cooperate or not yet,but that's the plan till I know any different.

So then I spun around in my computer chair and looked around my BR and saw these vvvv.
index.php

Those ^^^^ are some misc. Min7's that are projects (a recurring theme 'round here you'll see...).
On top of the metal cab ones in back (on stands) are some DVD's & a candy dish that got thrown there while I was redoing the main BR 2.1 system recently.
On top of the Min7W are some misc. bits & pieces from taking stuff apart and whatnot.
In front is the what's left of the plate amp from that PSB sub that's being converted to a passive sub.

Then I look over in the corner by my scanner & printer...
index.php

What you see ^^^^ there are some Canton Plus S speakers,on top of them is a CD folio.
Behind those are some Delta Labs M1 (AKA: ADS L200 w/crossovers modded for studio nearfield useage).
On top of those are the brackets for the M1's.

So then I go out and see what the status-quo looks like... :eek:
index.php

Seems harmless enough,,,right ??? Just some more Min7W,everyone has some of those hanging around,on top is a NOS JBL TLX tweeter and what's left of a 026ti.

But wait,were not done yet,,,not even close... o_O
index.php

Here ^^^^ we have some Kenwood KL-555a speakers and a Soundcraftsmen 20-12a EQ on top of it.
Plan is to find a wood case Kenwood receiver to match up w/these pieces for a simple vintage system.
Next to those vvvvv.
index.php

What you see there ^^^^ are my Grafyx Model Four speaker project,which I have a thread about here (they need mids/woofers refoamed & another grille).
On top of those is a Vector Research VQ-115 EQ a big @ss roll of speaker wire,and some Sony SS-B1000 bookshelves.
On top of the Sony SS-B1000 are the Pinpoint AM-10 mount hardware and original packaging.

And next to those.
index.php

Just some random Sony SS-B3000 speakers with some rags on top of them.

So then I took a good long look at the "bigger picture"... :yikes:
index.php

index.php

What ya'll are seing ^^^^ here ^^^^ is the "project table",,,some finished,,,some not so much...
Stack includes: Advent 3002 (done) Celestion Ditton 110 (bought working) JBL LXE-330 (also bought working) and two pairs of JBL LX-44 (one pr. done/1 pr. in progress).
Also you can see the pair of Polk R15 bookshelves with some papers on top of them.
The loose drivers are from other projects,2 are JBL PR-310-1 from my JBL j350a,2 are the LX-44 woofers that need to be refoamed,a 405G-2 mid,and an AR TSW mid too.
Random stuff is a gooseneck lamp and the refoam kit for the Jensen Model 4 (you can see the 4's peaking out in the lower rh) and foams for the JBL LX-44.
On top of one of the Advent 3002 are some drivers for some JBL MR-25 that need to be refoamed.
In the background of the first pic above you can also see vvvv these vvvv.
index.php

Those are the JBL j350a I mentioned,these are finshed now,just have'nt gotten around to finding a good/safe spot to store them just yet. Behind those are some Infinty RS-125.
On top of those are some the recent laundry and some random cr@p.

Still not done yet though...;)
index.php

index.php

Above ^^^^ are the Kenwood LS-408b for my vintage Kenwood rig.
On top are some random statues that used to live ontop of the small two drawer chests that the speakers are on now.

index.php

index.php

Here are the JBL LX-22's for my Sansui rack rig.
On top of the lh speaker (first pic) is a piece of wood leftover from making a new top for my computer desk.
As it turns out the scrap pieces cut from that are perfect for the tops of some PVC speakers stands I'm in the process of making for these speakers.
Also on there is the refoam kit for the Infinity RS-5001 you can see peaking out from behind the JBL's.
On top of the rh speaker (second pic) is another of those wood pieces and my pair of AKG K52 headphones.

Then there's the closet.
index.php

What's jammed in here are the "big guns" (well that -and- lots of boxes for gear LOL).
What you can see,the Cerwin Vega LS-12,nothing on top of those as there is ZERO room for anything.
What you cant see,the MTX 212b that the CV LS-12 are on top of.
And to the right under my camera gear,the CV E-712 that are in the original boxes.
I bought those new in 2004/2005,and they have been very well cared for.

And finally,last (but certainly not least,LOL) is the JBL 52t speaker for the kitchen system.
index.php

Lately some napkins have started living there...

So yeah,more than just a bit cluttered right now,been working on trying to rectify that,but like most things around here,it's a "work in progress" :rflmao:

FWIW

Bret P.
I don't think you have enough speakers. ;)

Back
Top Bottom