What's Pioneer in your rig?

Discussion in 'Pioneer Audio' started by sandt38, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Ballbag82

Ballbag82 New Member

Hi all.

I started off by using my fathers old Pioneer system. It was a DC-X21z with a turntable PL X21z.

After many years of memorable use the amplifier suddenly blew up one day. A very sad day.

Since then I've gotten my hands on Pioneer DC-Z91 system, with a tuner F-Z91L, turntable PL-Z81 and a cd player PD-Z81M.

Using the stock speakers, S-Z91.

I've purchased a separate turntable since then, Pioneer PL100. Just waiting for a new headshell and stylus for that :)

For an almost 30 year old system it sounds pretty amazing, definitely a step up from my previous one :D

2. SofaKing

SofaKing New Member

Hi John401, Would you mind me asking what speaker stands you have under your CS-63DX's? I also have a pair of them stacked on a pair of Frazier Model Seven's and am very impressed with the sound.
    Thanks.
    Larry

3. Eywadude

Eywadude Lunatic Member

I would agree. I have owned and listened to bigger 70's SX units in the past, and I prefer my little SX-434 over them. It isn't my reference receiver/amplifier by any means, but I always seem to enjoy listening to music through it, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters. :)

4. aileenamegan

aileenamegan Super Member

Pioneer SX-440, my last one. But I guess, it will go soon. A good fella casted an eye at it...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remarkably is the real veneer. No vinyl...

montrecott and oldsansui like this.
  5. MSW75

MSW75 New Member

Just bought a Pioneer A-7 1980 model amp in good shape. Not in my rig just yet, Will pair up with Pioneer DV717 CD/DVD player.

6. jritchie1980

jritchie1980 Audiologist Subscriber

Pioneer Elite Reciever VSX-82TXS

I really love the auto-soundstage for surround sound. Particularly gaming. It was lifelike before, but with the distances of the surrounds precisely leveled and the sub phase matched it is a truely immersive experience. I can tell pioneer put a lot more into their programming because all my Samsung did when "auto" adjusting was detect the level/size and adjust DB's accordingly. Barely any difference. On the other hand the pioneer took 10 min of various forms of pink (and possibly some other colors) noise in ea channel and used the info to really get the imaging right. I'm usually one to fiddle w the levels but I won't touch these settings.

7. SpruceMoose

SpruceMoose Super Member

IMG_1826.JPG Pioneer PL117D feeding an SX2000 tube receiver. Right now driving a pair of Ohm E. I'm going to try driving a pair of KLH 5s. Might be a bit under powered. Maybe a pair of Advents?

Btw, don't stack the TT on top of the receiver. It melts the feet! Oops!

oldsansui and montrecott like this.
  8. oldschoolroc

oldschoolroc AK Subscriber Subscriber

First acquired a SX-1010. Then the bug bit and it went crazy after that.​
    20170222_201641.jpg

PL112D, SX1010, RT-707, SG-9500, CT F-8282

Recently found a SX-650 that needed love.
    20170305_200717.jpg

And then I just had to have one more RT-707.

20170316_204806.jpg

It works good just needed a good cleaning and a new counter belt.

And then 3 of the old pioneer headphones, 2 SE-505,1 SE-50.
    That's what's Pioneer in my collection.:music:

jozeppy26, oldsansui and montrecott like this.
  9. JamVal

JamVal Super Member

New acquisition - SE-20A Headphones.
    SE20a02.jpg

10. slayer44

slayer44 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Currently...all restored. Soon to be a SPEC 2 added to the family.

Attached Files:

11. aileenamegan

Very impressing rack - wow.

12. slayer44

Thanks!...I don't think it looks very good in the shelves, but I am working on making a custom rack system to look like the old school days. Original Pioneer racks and handles are going for crazy money. But it sounds great. I guess thats what counts, right?

13. aileenamegan

Absolutely - sound counts. Everything else - looks/appearance of the rack - is on top. And it doesn't look bad at all, very technical:thumbsup:

14. slayer44

Thanks Aileenamegan...always a work in progress. I really like the reel to reel. It is fun to play with. Makes me feel like a 50's NASA scientist working on an Apollo mission!..awesome sound too. (Cue up Rocketman)

15. Pal147

Pal147 New Member

Took delivery of these today to add to my Pioneer collection ( Pioneer S-2EX), the only item I now need is a turntable and that is the Pioneer PL-90 so if anyone has one they wish to sell please let me know.
    As for these speakers they are the best finish on a speaker I have ever seen and they are very heavy and solid, looking forward to connecting them up as I have never heard a TAD drive or Beryllium dual-concentric tweeter before and which I understand are quite rare on speakers.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Rod Smith

Rod Smith New Member

Currently listing to a Pioneer MU-41 with an AudioTechnica MkII Tone Arm and AT120e-g cartridge.

I'm halfway through restoring a Pioneer PL-41 and SM83 Tube Amplifier that will be a backup to the MU-41, this will give me a chance to "play" with different cartridges and maybe fit up a Syrinx PU2 Tome arm that is also being re-lifed.
    The MU-41
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    montrecott likes this.
  17. ohiomike

ohiomike AK Subscriber Subscriber

I sold my SX 636, but still have a nice SX 434 as well as a recent pickup, a TX 7500. Both are untouched but play like they were new.

Eywadude likes this.
  18. Kangurek

Kangurek New Member

PL 600
    TX 608
    RG 2
    SR 303
    SG 9800
    SA 8500 II
    CT F1250

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    montrecott and JamVal like this.
  19. tanker 200

tanker 200 Well-Known Member

We moved into a rental recently while looking for something else, This gave me a chance to move things around and take some things out of storage. Here's a mostly Pioneer system that's in a small bedroom/storage room.

[​IMG]

SX-750, PL-10, SR-202, QL-600, JVC SEA-10, Onkyo TA-630D, Yamaha CDX-550, And ESS Tempests and Mini Monitors

oldsansui and montrecott like this.
  20. montrecott

montrecott My groove, your move Subscriber

There are some very good reviews of those online.... Would love to hear a pair someday.