What's the earliest recording in your collection?

enrico-caruso-rigoletto-la-donna-e-mobile-woman-is-fickle-act-3-victrola-78.jpg

Actually have an intact box set of Caruso from my Grandparents' estate. Circa 1910 or so, which would mean they belonged to their parents. Two funny things about Caruso records: 1) they're not usually valuable because he was so popular everyone bought his records and 2) he was so popular that the manufacture of his records caused the supplies of shellac to run short.

enrico-caruso-rigoletto-la-donna-e-mobile-woman-is-fickle-act-3-victrola-78.jpg

Actually have an intact box set of Caruso from my Grandparents' estate. Circa 1910 or so, which would mean they belonged to their parents. Two funny things about Caruso records: 1) they're not usually valuable because he was so popular everyone bought his records and 2) he was so popular that the manufacture of his records caused the supplies of shellac to run short.
I have that one.

we have a thread for this. hang on, i'll find it.
I saw one about the oldest physical media (LP 45/78/33 1/3 etc) you owned. I thought maybe this was/could be a little different as my entire collection is stored on an external harddrive.

Yeah, kinda... lol!! Thought it would be interesting to see what people have and listen to.

I guess that would be Hank Williams from the 1940s. I have it on CD (but I don't listen to it much).

Patsy Cline is ripped to FLAC !

Missed it.

I don't have any Waylon recordings, but I watched the documentaries on YouTube. And random videos of him.

And that reminds me of this ...

When I was a teenager I worked in a lumber mill up in Appalachia.

That sort of introduced me to country music....with a vengeance. I never forgot

I don't have this in digital format...but the Stoneman family goes back to early broadcast radio and recording sessions.

There was one Stoneman song from the 1920's that is cool. I don't remember the name of it now.

Back
Top Bottom