Whats the oldest car you've ridden in?

Here we are in his 1902 Olds.

I almost forgot about the Olds--I did get to drive one of those curved dash Olds (don't recall the exact model year) at a car show. A friend of my father's had a small collection of Ford Model T's and Model A's, so I got to drive those.

Driven my share of WWII and Korean War era military Jeeps owned by some collectors that my Dad and I know.

Dad still has a '48 Buick Special and a '57 Chevy convertible, so I drive those from time to time to shows. The Buick is an all-original restoration with a straight 8 and 2 spd Dynaglide tranny. Still has a slot in the grille for the crank that is in the trunk with the spare. Original dark green color--think olive drab, only darker and more drab--you can put 10 coats of wax on it, and it still doesn't "shine". The Chevy is a resto-mod with a built to the ass 283, but retains original turquoise blue and white color scheme.

I've had my share of 60's and 70's muscle cars, and a few 60's land-yacht convertibles (Caddys and Olds) over the years, but never went really old.

1929 bentley.PNG

1929 Bentley Blower

A few years ago, I worked with a guy that had been diving with Clive Cussler. He set up a tour of the https://www.cusslermuseum.com/autos for a bunch of guys.
There is an onsite curator/mechanic who's job is to drive the cars periodically, I was lucky enough to jump in this one with him. Coolest car I've ever ridden in. Although I did get to sit in a '37 Cord, a '29 Duesenburg, a '32 Auburn, and some other later model rare-bears.
If anyone is ever in Colorado, I'd strongly suggest that you call and make an appointment, I think they do groups of 30-40.

Interesting to see two curve dash Oldsmobile oldies show up, the Oldsiest so far.
Also gratifying to see so many oem Model T Fords, they and Model A got me interested as a kid, tho there were so many other makes and models made before 1940.

Last edited:
I learned a stick shift (non synchro) driving home an oem 1928 Dodge Bros Victory Six 4 door sedan I'd just purchased from the brother of John Held Jr, a renown 1920s commercial artist/ illustrator.

In 1971 my wife and I went with a friend and his wife to a Rolling Stones concert in his '36 Ford (what they call the suicide doors model)
It was identical to the one in this pic. He still has it in his barn in the country.

A few restored Ford Model Ts, some 30s to 40s hot rods, and plenty of 50s and up. The oldest cars I'v owned where a 57 Ford Custom 2 door sedan and a 62 Pontiac Catalina 4 door. I'v owned and built up plenty of 60s to 70s mussel cars.

Here's the 62 and I was around 18-19 at the time, might be around 1982 so the car was about 20 years old at the time, my dad was in the other photo
img017.jpg
img015.jpg

My 57 Ford Custom, A ford Custom was the low level model with less trim. This car was customized and shaved as well. Photo is from around 2005

IMG_7456_zps2acc1359.jpg IMG_7457_zps400016fa.jpg

Back in the olden days people took photos next to their cars, it was a back drop. Oh well the sit is acting up right now and not letting me post all the photos I got. Anyway this is my mom

img222.jpg MOMSLIFEPHOTOS136.jpg

Back
Top Bottom