Whats you’re favorite odd ball guitar?

What a neat thread, all the new & interesting geetar "builds" goin' on "out there" about which I hadn't the mearest notion existed. Keep 'em comin'!

What a neat thread, all the new & interesting geetar "builds" goin' on "out there" about which I hadn't the mearest notion existed. Keep 'em comin'!
So true. I've spent a few hours checking out the eye candy at Eastwood/Airline and now at Waterslide. I'm really diggin' this one:
Waterslide Guitars.jpg Check out the gorgeous wood on the fretboard:

The shape of the very rare Fender Swinger/Musiclander is unusual since it was made as a way to use up some spare bodies.
fender-swinger.jpeg
Some info from Fender: http://www2.fender.com/experience/guitarchive/the-swinger-and-the-custom/
Eastwood Guitars is in the process of building some copies: http://eastwoodcustoms.com/projects/eastwood-swinger/
I like the body shape but kind of turned off by the head stock and the short 22.7" scale.
I'm not sure about the originals but the copy will be made of Basswood.

BTW, I have a Warmoth body with a similar though Strat-ized shape in the process of being rebuilt. I inquired if Eastwood sells guitar bodies for project minded folks like me. The answer was no.

Last edited:
Eastwood is doing some cool stuff, and well made considering the price.

Definitely a cut above my Silvertone 1303/U2 reissue, but that one is a fantastic *sounding* guitar. I'm considering buying a second so I have a spare, then getting them both proper setups and replacing the cheap concentric pots with quality master volume and tone pots.

Warmoth does a Swinger/Musiclander body IIRC.

Daddy Mojo Ozark
Ozark6email621.jpg

I dig these Bigsby-inspired TK Smith things
10.jpg

The pickguard on this Eko is kind of blowing my mind.
eko-700-v4-1960s-cons-full-1.jpg

Sorta Dano-meets-Supro w/ a pair of filtertron PUPs. Cool "deco" inspired tailpiece design. Is this geetar "solid", semi-solid (ala Gretsch Duo/Silver Jet models), or real hollow, like a Dano?

If I remember right they are solid pine.

a few years ago i bought 2 guitars together for 20 bucks,one was like a a strat,an i thought,man what a nice neck,we had to work on it an set it up,a ..fernandes..they make good guitars with great playing necks,i got finished doin whatever i did to it,an sold it pretty fast for 250.00 an thats true.. there good playing an sounding guitars not many know about,i play mainly strats and scalloped strats too. thru marshall or fender or whatever the bandleader has a whim about,he has a house full of vintage stuff..........

Played a Kay Vanguard in a shop the other day. Like this but with a crappy refin job. It sounded way better than it had any right to. Apparently they are 25 3/4" scale.

06.jpg

The same shop also had a Coodercaster-style guitar that had been somebody's project. I really liked the Lollar gold foil neck pickup. The lap steel bridge pickup not so much. Too trebly and harsh for me

There are some cool guitars in here. I love the oddballs. I've always wanted an old Ampeg scroll bass.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Here is the "mystery PU" made by Shure!

image.jpg image.jpg

I love all the classic great guitars.
Love my Teles,Strat & Les Paul.

But I have a confession to make I have a oddball Breedlove electric pro-totype that is just plain cool!

It is not like any other electric that I have played.
It has a gorgeous contoured Flame maple top attached to chambered mahogany body that is very light & resonate
Strings through the body like a Tele over a tune-amatic bridge and
2 Lollar P90’s . Very simple electronics Vol 3 way switch & tone.

Yep it's an odd ball guitar. I won’t run into any one at a jam playing one like mine...But I love it!

Anyone else here have a favorite 1 off or odd ball guitar that you think is cool or the bomb!

Please share!
I"ve shown you mine now lets see yours!
Yamaha SX900B

93205276-2A1D-4618-B378-2A593A79A8E6_zpsibwoiaxg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom