Whats you’re favorite odd ball guitar?

cc8qphmqjxk7mlxjbgr3.jpg

Scott Walker Phoenix

I couldn't find a picture for my air-guitar I have it around here somewhere but I like this one! I get hungry for more music when I see this!

upload_2017-4-26_19-23-39.jpeg

Probably these old Dean's for Burpweiser and Busch beer. I have loved Dean's for a longtime but never found any of these shrimpfork ad guitars. They are around, I could have gotten both on the Dean Forum a few years ago for $250 each

0642359_0.jpeg

yrspcacvlf8oglm9mdhf.jpg

I'm diggin' the gorgeous body shape. Looks especially cool on the bass.
Reminds me a bit of Lado guitars from Canada. (don't click on their site as it's infected with a virus)
That headstock on the other hand...:wtf:Looks like it was designed with a totally different instrument in mind.

Zombie thread!
I am resurrecting this thread because I have a new favorite odd ball..Just picked up this from the original owner.
IMG_1897.jpg

1960 -1420 Silver Stratotone with 2 DeArmond Rowe (AKA Hershy Bar) pickups
Literary a closet classic. This was given to him by his parents for Christmas 1960 and he never learned to play it.
So it sat in its original case for 59 years .
Other than the bakelite pickup switch top (that literally crumbled when I touched it) it is mint!
Cheers
PQ

I just picked up this First Act VW Garagemaster. It came with a new Volkswagen in the early 2000s and came with a cable to plug into the stereo system. Actually a pretty well built guitar and plays and sounds pretty darned good.. Has an onboard 9v EQ with an overdrive switch and treble/mid cut. Since the pics were taken I've cleaned up the frets and fretboard and gave it a complete set-up.

013.JPG 014.JPG 017.JPG 009.JPG

This one isn't really an oddball, just a bit uncommon.The company was based in Ventura CA and made semi=custom guitars for only a few years in the early 2000s. It's really well made and a great player. It came stock with Duncan Designed pickups but I replaced the neck p'up with a Rose Bourbon.

002.JPG 004.JPG

I just picked up this First Act VW Garagemaster. It came with a new Volkswagen in the early 2000s and came with a cable to plug into the stereo system. Actually a pretty well built guitar and plays and sounds pretty darned good.. Has an onboard 9v EQ with an overdrive switch and treble/mid cut. Since the pics were taken I've cleaned up the frets and fretboard and gave it a complete set-up.

View attachment 1562361 View attachment 1562362 View attachment 1562363 View attachment 1562364

Very Cool
Love the VW knobs and inlay!.
PQ

Don't own it now but had a Winston like this for my first electric guitar when I was a teen...

af5emyfnducr35vgsdbb.jpg
Even though most were barely playable I have a bit of a soft spot for those chrome pick-guard imports.
At least they made an effort to come up with different body designs instead of the usual Fender/Gibson knock offs.
BTW, a local music store owner once told me the chrome on the Japanese imports was far superior to the American made parts.

Anson Funderburgh told me he's got an ancient Danelectro that he absolutely loves. There's a video or two on YouTube of him playing it.

Even though most were barely playable I have a bit of a soft spot for those chrome pick-guard imports.
At least they made an effort to come up with different body designs instead of the usual Fender/Gibson knock offs.
BTW, a local music store owner once told me the chrome on the Japanese imports was far superior to the American made parts.
The worst part of that thing was the cheap machine heads. Once it was in tune (with a pair of vise grips) it sounded pretty good. Being young and living in a small town with no music stores around and no internet, ownership of that thing was short lived.

Back
Top Bottom