Whats your favorite quote?

mrreality13

Heres mine,
“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded.”

Ralph Waldo Emerson

My high school motto as a student at Belleville Township High School West, Belleville, Illinois, (class of 1976) was, "Freedom is the right to discipline yourself". Don't know who thought it up, but it applies here (with me that is)!

Last edited:
"For those who know, things are as they are.
For those who don't know, things are as they are"

-Ancient Chinese, related to me by my father.

th

Onward Throught The Fog (Oatwillie 1969)

th

Onward Throught The Fog (Oatwillie 1969)

I need to research that a bit, I see. The only place I've ever heard of/seen that phrase used, was on the old power hitters. (cough cough). :smoke: :D For a favorite quote, "Hurry up & wait". I have no idea who first said it, but many have quoted it. :yes:

There is a thing inherent and natural, which existed before heaven and earth. Motionless and fathomless, It stands alone and never changes; It pervades everywhere and never becomes exhausted. It may be regarded as the Mother of the Universe. I do not know its name. If I am forced to give it a name, I call it Tao, and I name it as supreme.

~ Lao Tzu ~

I'm in a situation here. We have to leave now. Dude, no. This is serious. I just sharted.

From Along Came Polly...

I wanted to stay out longer but my ass started itching. You young folks don't know about that stuff but you will when you get as old as me.

--Anonymous old fisherman at the Oscoda, MI boat launch

“The most important thing to remember is this: To be ready at any moment to give up what you are for what you might become.”

― W.E.B. DuBois

Back
Top Bottom