What's your latest audio purchase?

I've owned several other pricier players, and this just underscores why I chose the DV-980H as my main CD player to begin with. I'm going to listen to more music through the DV-983H tomorrow, but so far I'm not terribly impressed.
Are you using the same cables and input with both?

Sansui 1000x~Receiver

Quadraflex 180R~Receiver

Have cleaned the Sansui inside and out but not the Quadraflex yet.

The photo does not do any justice to the Quadraflex, it's a very cool looking and sounding receiver and all works very well with this one.

IMG_2781.JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

Closeout from Music Direct. Total impulse buy for the sun room. I've heard the 508s and been very impressed so I expect these will be quite nice.

eclipsetd-m1pair.jpg

Well,mostly just a bunch of small stuff.

Some screws so I can put the drivers back in my JBL j350a,I bought the cabs bare as I had the OE drivers (spares from my j325a) but the cabs did'nt come with hardware.
Also some screws for my Advent 3002,these had non-OE woofers when I got them w/3 ??? screws holding the incorrect woofers in,so I got some correct woofers & screws.

A couple of clean/used Optimus LX4 woofers (w/carbon fiber cones) to transplant into some Min7w that I already have.
Also scored a pair of Min7 that are gonna be my second pair of "project" metal cab Min7's (other "project" pair are my second pair of Optimus Pro7AV).
These Min7 will also get some NOS LX4 woofers I already have,I'm also gonna custom paint this pair as well,the Pro7AV are gonna look "stock" from the outside.

And I picked up some Min7 brackets,two partial lots that will add up to one complete pair and some leftover hardware that I needed for some other Min7 mounts I have.

I believe that about covers it for now.

Bret P.

Well,mostly just a bunch of small stuff.

Some screws so I can put the drivers back in my JBL j350a,I bought the cabs bare as I had the OE drivers (spares from my j325a) but the cabs did'nt come with hardware.
Also some screws for my Advent 3002,these had non-OE woofers when I got them w/3 ??? screws holding the incorrect woofers in,so I got some correct woofers & screws.

A couple of clean/used Optimus LX4 woofers (w/carbon fiber cones) to transplant into some Min7w that I already have.
Also scored a pair of Min7 that are gonna be my second pair of "project" metal cab Min7's (other "project" pair are my second pair of Optimus Pro7AV).
These Min7 will also get some NOS LX4 woofers I already have,I'm also gonna custom paint this pair as well,the Pro7AV are gonna look "stock" from the outside.

And I picked up some Min7 brackets,two partial lots that will add up to one complete pair and some leftover hardware that I needed for some other Min7 mounts I have.

I believe that about covers it for now.

Bret P.

LOL I just bought a pair of Minimus 7W for the middle surrounds in the living room. I did it for the most vain of reasons; how nice they look! I have some Sony SS MB150H that sound really nice for surrounds but they are black and grey. I have seen the M7Ws for a while but I went on eBay and found a great set and could not help myself. I guess it is too late now to ask this but here goes......how do they sound? :)

I picked up a Sony SCD CE 595 SACD at Goodwill for $20 that works perfectly. I found a remote on eBay for $9 ($0 since I had some eBay bucks) and I have a nice SACD changer for $20. I got my first SACD the other day (Diana Krall Love Scenes) and was excited to hear the difference. I have the same album on regular CD so played them back to back and switched back and forth. AND, I heard no difference, not one. Both sounded incredible......like CDs do. Maybe if I listened and huge volume levels I might hear some difference I guess. When the noise floor is as low as regular CD is I am not sure what the value is of having something lower. I wanted to hear the difference for myself. I am happy I got the Sony because I like the display and the features and it is just a nice changer for $20.

17796514_1478451015508174_7365923303955005653_n.jpg

Those are cool looking in a eyeball sort of way.
They're definitely different. I'm pretty exited. I love the way Eclipses sound and have been tempted to investigate their big brothers. The biggest drawback with these is there's no easy way to add a sub and they just don't do much below 70Hz.

One heck of a find. Wonder why the ... anyone with neurons firing above the shoulders would part out a par of $5K+ speakers?!? Whoa. I hope all the bits are there. That's one fabulous project. Enjoy... Post pics and your impressions when your done... :thumbsup:
I have a restoration thread in the speaker section.

Drove four hours yesterday and bought a large receiver. It didn't seem so big in the amazing man cave garage where I got to listen to JBL L200s for the first time ever. Then the wonderful guy let me in his house to hear Klipschorns (first time too) through a mac stack. I drove home in awe of all I saw and with the feeling I got the runt of the litter. In my house (little bigger than seller's garage), this thing is huge.

1603face.jpg

Rotel rx 1603
1603face.jpg

Attachments

• 1603top.JPG
    1603top.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 11
how do they sound?
I only use mine for 2ch listening so I cant tell you what they sound like when used as surrounds.
Besides speakers are soooo very subjective anyways,so I'd say it's best to try 'em out and see what your ears think.

The 2 pairs of Pro7AV I've have in use lately sound very nice for what I'm using them for,which is mostly just 2ch nearfield listening chores.
They dont really have much umph under say 120Hz so any serious listening would do best w/a sub to augment the lower end stuff.

As it is I'll end up with at least 6 pairs of various interations of Min7's.
2 pairs Pro7AV (1 stock 1 modded) & 1 pair Min7 (modded & custom painted) and then I already had 3 pairs of Min7W (gonna mod 1 pair for sure).
Also have 2 pairs of brackets (40-2031) one pair of desk-stands (part no. ???) and one pair of HD wall mounts (part no. ???).

So obviously I kinda like Min7's in general,LOL.
I just dont expect them to be anything other than what they are,and that is reasonably nice sounding small speakers.
Plus they can be had pretty affordably,so one can play around with these w/o going broke.

FWIW ~ HTH

Bret P.

I only use mine for 2ch listening so I cant tell you what they sound like when used as surrounds.
Besides speakers are soooo very subjective anyways,so I'd say it's best to try 'em out and see what your ears think.

The 2 pairs of Pro7AV I've have in use lately sound very nice for what I'm using them for,which is mostly just 2ch nearfield listening chores.
They dont really have much umph under say 120Hz so any serious listening would do best w/a sub to augment the lower end stuff.

As it is I'll end up with at least 6 pairs of various interations of Min7's.
2 pairs Pro7AV (1 stock 1 modded) & 1 pair Min7 (modded & custom painted) and then I already had 3 pairs of Min7W (gonna mod 1 pair for sure).
Also have 2 pairs of brackets (40-2031) one pair of desk-stands (part no. ???) and one pair of HD wall mounts (part no. ???).

So obviously I kinda like Min7's in general,LOL.
I just dont expect them to be anything other than what they are,and that is reasonably nice sounding small speakers.
Plus they can be had pretty affordably,so one can play around with these w/o going broke.

FWIW ~ HTH

Bret P.

That is what I am expecting. I wanted a better looking (believe it or not I care far more about the dacor than my wife) set for surround than the Sony SS MB150Hs (which actually sound decent and work great for surrounds) without hopefully giving up too much. It is rather difficult to find real wood veneer small speakers that sound decent with out spending a fortune on them. The $44 I paid shipped from eBay was cheap enough to give them a try. Thanks for the response!

Sony STR 5800SD from eBay. Arrived in awesome condition and works like a champ. I almost ruptured yet another disc in my back un packing it at 36LBS. Sounds and looks great with the Sony green lighting.

17903602_1487482961271646_4229172048458262129_n.jpg

17883967_1487482987938310_6856352350989373227_n.jpg

17634743_1487483037938305_78944956594013713_n.jpg

You realize, don't you, that the wires of your wire rack will vibrate sympathetically to the sound your speakers make? It will color the sound you hear. Nice Sony, btw.

You realize, don't you, that the wires of your wire rack will vibrate sympathetically to the sound your speakers make? It will color the sound you hear. Nice Sony, btw.

LOL I realized as I typed that sentence that it would not quite read right! But warm sound is the reason I always buy warm white LEDs when I replace the bulbs.........DUH! :)

Back
Top Bottom