What's your latest audio purchase?

I picked up a decent pair of Bose 901 Series III with EQ and chrome stands for $100 on Saturday.

index.php
I cannot blame you for snagging those for that price. I haven't heard those for over 30 years now, but would enjoy another sampling. If not to your liking it would be an easy sale. :thumbsup:

So I took off one of the stands to find that they are Series 4 and have Walnut Veneer, so newer than I thought and less chance of surround rot.

IMG_3813.jpg

Olson Contenential 6 speakers. Very, very nice rosewood veneer. Needed a little oiling and touch-up, but they're in remarkable shape. Sometime early to mid 70s I think. I found the 6.5" full-range driver listed in a 1974 catalog, but haven't found any info on the speakers at all. Paid more than I should have, but they're really cool so I'm okay with that.

Charles.

A mate turned up with this yesterday.
Musical Fidelity A3 integrated amp
Powers up, selection button stuck on phono.
Tried it tonight but nothing
He lets me have first dibs on stuff he finds and my initial thought is that it's a keeper

I picked up a complete 1994 vintage system that someone had donated to a charity. I had to buy the package. I got a pair of Polk S-10 floor standing speakers, a Yamaha RX-570 receiver, a Yamaha CDC-745 5-disc changer, and a Yamaha KX-W382 dual cassette tape deck. Everything came in the original boxes, with remote controls. No manuals, though, but they are available on-line and I got copies.

All I really wanted was the receiver, which works great. The Polk speakers don't sound too bad, but they are a bit boomy. Not as high quality as my other speakers. I am not sure what I am going to do with the speakers - maybe put them in my garage.

I have no need for the dual cassette deck. It has been years since I used cassette tapes. And I've ripped all my CDs and have no intention to ever use a CD player again. I may just donate them to a local thrift just to get rid of them.

Yamaha stuff IMG_0226.jpg

(One) Cerwin Vega 15" powered sub, to compliment my CV team of floor speakers and a center channel. Very pleased with the sound quality.

Attachments

• CV_6184lnreO1L._SL1000_.jpg
    CV_6184lnreO1L._SL1000_.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 7
Last weekend I picked up a VPI MW-1 Cyclone record cleaner. Fantastic deal.
Today a Bluesound Node 2

Please shoot a pic with the speakers when you have your "new" system set up.

I really love my 2 DUAL TTs - a 1229 & 1218. I've been using a 1229 for almost 40 years.

Which TT was used in your HS35? I don't recognize it. It looks like the tonearm pivots are different than either of mine.

Back
Top Bottom