What's your latest audio purchase?

Schiit Fulla 2 DAC / Preamp / Headphone Amp. This little guy is $99 plus some shipping. I've been listening a lot to flacs on headphones, straight out of my laptop, lately. I haven't A-B'd it yet vs. the laptop's inboard DAC, and I'm always wary of the placebo effect, but my initial reaction after an hour or so is "yeah, that's clearly better." A few tunes sound a little bright, one even a little hissy, but early returns are positive.

PA160004.JPG

Latest was to help a friend purchase a pioneer package from CL that included a six disc cd, laser disc player, dual cassette, tuna and c90/ m90 combo. The m90 unfortunately is in protect mode and was missing the door on the front. The c90 needs a very heavy cleaning and deoxit. He hasn't tried the other pieces yet. I told my friend even with the issues of c90/m90 everything was well bought for $150.

Hey
A few months back I bought this Conrad Johnson pv5 here . I listened to it for a few weeks before catching a case of the upgrade virus. It just came back from Bill Thalman at Music Technology.
I'm pretty happy with it . It has put a stop to my preamp lust.
For awhile.
Eric
15400544355615469924032230351314.jpg

4 pairs of ADS L470s, all working except for one woofer. That one's cabinet is damaged so I'm not surprised. Sounds like an off center voice coil. I have replacements. $240 for all 8.

I stopped at Target to check out a ChromeCast Audio and saw it was on clearance for 1/2 off. So I bought it. At that price, I could use 2 more, so I drove all over town looking for more (6 stores). I bought the LAST ONE in town. The price dropped from $17.50 to $10.50, but they had all sold out by then.

I have it hooked up already. It is a very nice wireless streamer from a mobile device.

ChromeCast Audio IMG_0586.JPG

Seems like a lot of people bought them up to try to sell on the auction site. I see many for $20 to 25. It hardly seems worth the effort to buy them and then sell them and make only a couple bucks.

Back
Top Bottom