What's your very first vinyl record ?

I don't remember my first, but sometime in the early 90s this was my last.
R-2793371-1470147391-6469.jpeg.jpg

I don't know how I'm supposed to remember my very first vinyl record. My parents were both musicians at one point, so there was always music around the house. Probably the first vinyl I bought with my own money was one of The Beach Boys 45s. I can remember buying some of those. As for my first LPs? I remember buying Meet The Beatles. Of course, that wasn't the only album I bought during that same time frame. In any event, they're all long gone.

This one:

Also had these two. Don't really remember which I got first as I was very young when I got them.

Last edited:
I think the first vinyl I bought 'with my own money' was Sylvia's single 'Nobody' when it was on the charts.

I had an older sister and brother in law that had the classics. I played guitar so it was probably something guitar-centric but not quite mainstream like Blizzard of Ozz or MSG.

I know the first non-classical cassette I bought was Breaking The Chains by Dokken.

First one I personally bought at age 12 in 1969 was a Stones 45. Honky Tonk Women/ You Can't Always Get What You Want. But I was already well versed in my two older sisters ' collections. Everything from Dylan to Vanilla Fudge.

Well, when I was a kid and had a solid state GE flip top scratcher....my folks got me a bunch of the partridge family albums. Was fan of show and all that, plus I had access to the stuff my folks listened to.

As I got older, I got a Sears all in one AMFM 8 track turntable for christmas and my first album in vinyl I got with my own money was foreigners first album.

"Songs, Pictures And Stories Of The Fabulous Beatles", a Christmas gift from my parents when I was 6 (1964, the year it came out.) Long gone now. If I had only known...

The first that I can remember was "On Top Of Spaghetti" and I played the hell out of it. I had all the kiddie records like "Purple People Eater" "Snoopy & The Red Baron" etc. The Brady Bunch Album etc. On occasion I run across them at thrift stores and momentarily consider buying them and then laugh it off.

My 1st 45 was "Mother & Child Reunion" by Paul Simon
M 1st LP was "Frampton Comes Alive" Peter Frampton

When I was in grade school ... I remember a popular 45 that the "cool" kids :cool: use to bring to music class show & tell day.
As I recall ... was one of the first record that many of my peers bought ... got to be like those cool kids.
Laughable now ... but this was considered radical at the time ... most adults hated it.

The artist developed a criminal history some years after & ended up serving 16 years.

Last edited:
They used to play the heck out of that at the roller rink I went to in grade school ! We loved that song .

Back
Top Bottom