When I think I have it worked out...

silversport

...I learn just how little I actually know...

I have owned my HF-81 since 2007 or so and have had it freshened by Craig at NOSValves shortly thereafter...hooked it up to my Klipsch speakers and have mostly used it only to listen to a connected CD player...

over the years and from time to time I have tried a turntable or tuner but I also had several other systems and used them mostly for classic radio or listening to records so when I ran into some hum or something that didn't seem right, varying degrees of success I just chalked it up to the EICO is my CD system: Nothing else...boy what I don't know...

I am trying to downsize some of the equipment I use and learned that doing so sometimes forces you to try things you gave up on or never tried before...

I have just yesterday learned the proper way (for 1959) to connect my Dad's EICO HFT-92 (or a Sherwood S-3000 lll) monaural tuner and the sound is better and more detailed that it ever has been...

Today I decided that I would give the turntable another try since my recent revelation affects that as well...

WOWZA...ok, I realize that's been said before (even by me) but I am listening to Kansas Leftoverture and I think it sounds better using the EICO than it did with my Nakamichi TA-2A...and I really like my Nakamichi TA-2A...

anyway...people like to say RTFM (read the flipping' manual) and I thought I did but I didn't really understand it 'cuz I've been doin' it wrong...I always used the Input Selector switch but not the Function Selector Switch depending on if I needed monaural or stereo sound...still learning...

anyway...I'm enjoying my EICO HF-81 as never before, I'm excited and I wanted to share as well as take my lumps... ;)

enjoy and keep learning...

Bill

Back
Top Bottom