stereocuuple

Two Channel Only
Subscriber
im lookin for a road trip any news erin and i havent been home in 8 months

Attachments

• glenwoodday2pt1 013.jpg
    glenwoodday2pt1 013.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 113
Jay was thinking about Oct 23rd but I havn't heard anymore. How about it Jay??? Inquiring minds want to know.

I was wondering the same thing. I will have earned my vacation by then. Maybe Greg or Ron would want to make the trip down too? I need to get away for a weekend.

Denny

I missed the spring one. I would love to try and make the fall one. A lot cooler for me, probably work well.
Mark

I was wondering the same thing. I will have earned my vacation by then. Maybe Greg or Ron would want to make the trip down too? I need to get away for a weekend.

Denny

I might be up for a minor road trip myself. We could send down a Minnesota contingent in a convoy!

I've heard great things about these KC Twangfests.

If it happens, I will be bringing the F-5/B-1 combo. Jay, this will bend your mind just a little. Almost tubier than tubes. Has really upset my tube mind set!:scratch2:

Russellc

If it happens, I will be bringing the F-5/B-1 combo. Jay, this will bend your mind just a little. Almost tubier than tubes. Has really upset my tube mind set!:scratch2:

Russellc

Well just bring all your tube shit and give it to me.:thmbsp: Yes, the 23rd, be there or be square. Anyone needing directions can PM me. Maybe we should get a count together.

I wuz wonderin' just the other day. I haven't spent much time on AK lately (not by choice!) and thought maybe I missed sumpin'.

Jay, how crowded is the parking lot down at the tube spa? Should I bring those Ampex monoblocks for a recap and testing? Let's tawk.

Well just bring all your tube shit and give it to me.:thmbsp: Yes, the 23rd, be there or be square. Anyone needing directions can PM me. Maybe we should get a count together.

Oh I've got something for you, they call them "J-fets" very cute, just like a tiny tube but with no glass and they dont (normally) light up.:smoke:

Russellc

Ok, I'll take the bait. What the hell is the Twang Fest?

Taken from an obscure WIKI on the Interwebs:

TWANGFEST definition:

Semi-annual, non-migratory assemblage of (mostly male) audio-phools in the central United States region. Usually said music-starved primates gather at an individual member's home (in the Kansas City area) to setup new and (mostly) vintage audio reproduction equipment for show, for enjoyment, or for potential trade or sale.

The "Twang" in the name refers to a particular niche of music style favored by the host (featuring acoustic guitar strings plucked with a finger pick creating a "twang" sound). Usually one can view Twangfest participants ingesting brownies, barbequed meat and (adult) beverages while enjoying their Twang music.

These events can vary in size and often attract members from Colorado to Tennessee; from Minnesota and Wisconsin and as far away as Illinois.

Some day I hope to experience a TWANGFEST firsthand. :D

Last edited:
I have checked with the boss and been given an all okay. I WILL be there(unless a blizzard shuts down I-70).
I am coming from denver, so I can also pony express stuff if needed. I'l leave on Friday and return on Sunday.

Can't wait to finally meet you folks and put some faces/names together.
Mark

Parking always sucks, but it also always works, and yeh bring any amps or whatever you want.:yes:

I like the idea of the Minn. convoy. Why don't you guys get the worked out and let me know.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom