When it comes to The Beatles which one...

Her primal orgasmic moaning was the best in pop history..

I know they say "Each to their own"...but this one ya gotta explain !?!

I know of one radio station that goes out of their way to not play this song...for won't of a better word, song. So, keeping within the boundaries of good taste, I sure would like to see this thought brought into the sunlight...unless you write this with tongue in cheek.;)

The Beatles did morph through some rather radical stages in their time while on the stage. Starting out in the damp basements and ending up of a rooftop.

I've learned a lot, as have others, from the well informed who have shared on this band who swept the charts at one time.:thumbsup:

Q

they were greater than the sum of their parts. I wouldn't know a great drummer from a bad one.(well, i'm a bad one). I couldn't say which one fits any one category . But I know this, I know of no other band in history ( i could be wrong) where each band member had highly successful careers after breaking up . Where their albums are still selling in high numbers and i would bet still in top ten.
I paid $250 to see McCartney in Hershey a few years ago and i'd pay it again. His first two solo albums were totally produced by HIMSELF, he played all the instruments and dubbed them together. I'm an infant when it comes to playing , recording and producing a record but what he did is amazing to me.

they were greater than the sum of their parts. I wouldn't know a great drummer from a bad one.(well, i'm a bad one). I couldn't say which one fits any one category . But I know this, I know of no other band in history ( i could be wrong) where each band member had highly successful careers after breaking up . Where their albums are still selling in high numbers and i would bet still in top ten.
I paid $250 to see McCartney in Hershey a few years ago and i'd pay it again. His first two solo albums were totally produced by HIMSELF, he played all the instruments and dubbed them together. I'm an infant when it comes to playing , recording and producing a record but what he did is amazing to me.

Well expressed, esp noting your own personal limitations which you are are aware of and share... for which many don't.

Some may be at odds at your mention of " ...each member had highly successful careers after breaking up", as this group aspired to such a pinnacle of fame and fortune, it is often difficult to reach that same height of accomplishment. But then again, we are entitled to our own respective POV. There is no right or wrong as all ends up up being opinion, and that, is what makes us individuals!

Q

I would give McCartney the slight edge in many of the categories, but the work of Paul/John and how they had different views on life was a big part of why The Beatles were so amazing.

I think McCartney has the best technical voice (though John's was distinctive) and his work on the bass was the best instrument in the band. That being said, John was the leader at the beginning, so I guess we wouldn't have much to talk about if it wasn't for his initial direction.:p

I got the white album LP. excellent condition for your asking price. (include shipping less than 20 I'll donate to the forum. I lived in range of NYC radio and beatles were non stop 24/7.. sick of it. I do like ringo drums though.

I think George pushed things more than the others, starting when he nailed a condom to the wall of the Bambi Kino (cinema) in Hamburg (where the guys slept in a closet) and lit it on fire. Since he was under 18 at the time he was sent back to the UK as a minor. He got the other Beatles to go to India, introduced the sitar to pop music and...loved Formula 1 racing (listen to "Faster"! Also supported Monty Python in their film-making. The "Quiet Beatle" who really wasn't.

I know they say "Each to their own"...but this one ya gotta explain !?!

I know of one radio station that goes out of their way to not play this song...for won't of a better word, song. So, keeping within the boundaries of good taste, I sure would like to see this thought brought into the sunlight...unless you write this with tongue in cheek.;)
I think you got it right, Ted. Tom was just funnin' us.

Dubious in general pop music terms, maybe, but the sitar mastered by George Harrison made the songs in which he played it. Just another pioneering moment provided by the Beatles.

A dubious distinction.

I'd have to go with alte on this one, as sources indicate that the playing of the sitar is a lot harder to play than the guitar. It is in no way played like the guitar, and harder on the hands. Then to play in a studio where every beat/second counts...that is a feat within itself.

Kudos for George for going out on the limb in order to add that different flavour to the music.

Q

Now I have that goddam Harrison sitar song from Sgt. Peppers going through my head.

“Doctor, you gotta help me, I’ve had a song running through my head for days, it’s driving me crazy!”

“What’s the song?”

“The Green Green Grass of Home.”

“Ah, the Tom Jones Syndrome.”

“Is it common Doc?”

“Well, it’s not unusual.”

Now I have that goddam Harrison sitar song from Sgt. Peppers going through my head.

“Doctor, you gotta help me, I’ve had a song running through my head for days, it’s driving me crazy!”

“What’s the song?”

“The Green Green Grass of Home.”

“Ah, the Tom Jones Syndrome.”

“Is it common Doc?”

“Well, it’s not unusual.”
Now I've got that goddam Tom Jones song going though my head.

Back
Top Bottom