where can I get LED lights?

ninetynine

I was thinking of having fun and replacing the led lights on my amp to some nice red ones, anyone know where I can find some nice bright red led lights?? Also, are they all made universally the same on amplifiers, will I have trouble finding the right ones?

You will have to first make sure of the voltage, turn the amp on and get your MM out and see what voltage DC that they are, If they are indeed LED's they will 90% of the time be DC voltage. Then take a trip to your local Radioshack and pick up an assortment of them for about 5 dollars and start soldering. Make sure that the voltage is correct! the main thing.

What amp? Do you have a service manual to confirm if they are not special application LEDs? There are some wierd voltage LEDs out there. If you give me some more info, I can help.

Where in ON are you located? If you are close by and you need help, I will assist you for free providing you make a small donation to AK :thmbsp:

Regards,
Joe

Also make sure you get the polarity of the LED's correct or they wont light. When you look at the inside of the LED you should be able to see a big side and a small side connected by a small wire (if you can see that good) The bigger side is the negative polarity. If your unsure just test them. You can order super bright led's from some places but they are VERY bright. Too bright for this kind of application IMO.

heh thanks guys but I think i won't go about doing this finally ,I thought I would have some fun in the process but now that I opened up my amp it seems way to complicated for a guy like me that is not very educated in the electronics department , I wouldn't want to risk breaking my amp!

Where in ON are you located? If you are close by and you need help, I will assist you for free providing you make a small donation to AK :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom