Where did all the jumpers in the vintage amps and receivers go??

When I had receivers or integrated amps with pre out / amp in capability I always pulled the jumpers and used a short set of DH labs Silver Sonic II interconnects instead for improved sound

Same thing here ... sort of ... but it took something like 46 cables to finally close the loop again. Yes, I am a post processing addict! ;-}

I fear many of us have bits and pieces of tools, machinery and audio equipment sitting in drawers. I tend to get a Ziplok of the proper size and a Sharpie and write "Mounting bolts for Acme whatchamacallit" in case I get run over by a bus. No guarantee they'll find their way back to their parent gear when the estate sale happens but we can hope.

People don't take care of their stuff, simple as that. I also wonder where the original boxes, manuals and remotes go, or cables and crossovers essential and proprietary to some subwoofers (like my ENTECS). I have a storage tub just for containing all the paraphernalia related to my stereo equipment.

I removed them to use a three way electronic crossover (Behringer CX3400) and three stereo pre-main amplifiers (Sansui) to amplify each of the speakers drivers with his own amplifier,

I also had two other stereo pre-main amps for my rear and center channels, everything plugged into a Sony TA-E9000ES preamp with Dolby Digital & DTS surround decoders.

I put all the jumpers in a clear plastic bottle between these components somewhere in the shelf, when I stopped to use tri-amp and surround configuration, I put them back in their respective places.

t's better to have a long, shielded cable of 6 inches. Because then the power cannot jump out and walk around the living room instead of going to the speakers. AND the signal won't be pure - it has stopped at various gas stations to shoot the shit with other signals, like cell phones and modems and bluetooth...

Audio Classics will have all you will ever need. Just give Steve or Ryan a call. They guarantee and service what they sell, so you won't be caught in a bind if the something should pop up.

For me, they're the preferred spot where outboard remote volume (if not combined with an EQ) go. That said, I prefer to use tape loops for EQ's because they're defeatable. I've got three of the (now vintage) Creek OBH-10 remote volume controls on a 1980, 1280 (and when I had it hooked up in my Teaching Office back in the wayback) and a 1080. Just another way vintage receivers were better six ways from Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom