Which Joker did you like better ?

• Total voters

grumpy

Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma
Staff member
Admin
Sponsor
Subscriber
Finally caught the last Batman flick and wondered which you preferred.

Ledger or Nicholson?

Jack was pretty darn good, but Ledger was a whole new can of worms.
Oddly enough, some of his monologues struck me as not so vaguely Andy Rooney-ish.

BTW, thanks for leaving Cesar Romero off the poll :D

I really like Romero and was seriously thinking of adding him. Kitch aside he could have done a pretty wicked joker.

Before seeing the dark knight, I never thought I would say this..but Heath Ledger was a much more realistic joker...

I only wish that the two had the same directors for a more fair comparison.

Ledger became the character,I was in awe.The gestures,voice he was a major presences almost a force.Everytime he showed up something was going to happen.No offence but Jack pulled too much L.A. into it.I like Nicolson"why don't we get a drink to kill the bug thats up your ass".Classic Batman was dark and creepy,Ledger kicked it.

Ledger took quite possibly took the whole comic book movie genre to a new level, we'll see.

I really like Romero and was seriously thinking of adding him. Kitch aside he could have done a pretty wicked joker.

Absoluely agree. If given a good edgy script, Cesar would have been a great mean spirited Joker given all the dramatic roles Romero had done before. And he did have the best laugh and egomaniacal look.

Bart

Nicholson manages to steal EVERY movie he's in - Ledger only got to steal one. Jacko wins hands down.

If doing the original comic book, Romero, hands down. For a realistic peek into the mind of brilliant damaged goods, Ledger did it to the nth degree.

Enjoy,
Rich P

Honestly I did not get that Ledger was all that. What I mean is I heard from so many that he he just nailed it long before seeing the movie. Yes I liked him. Yes he was a bazillion times more dark ( which I prefer ) but remember Jack played the part that Burton directed him too. I had it so built up in my mind that he as going to be all that and a bag of chip and felt he just could not live up to what I expected.

Ledger was a good actor and I liked him in some other stuff but I just don't think its an apples to apples comparison. It is one that we will never get to make.

Grumpy

If doing the original comic book, Romero, hands down. For a realistic peek into the mind of brilliant damaged goods, Ledger did it to the nth degree.

Bingo. Had Romero been in the poll, he would have gotten my vote. Ledger's Joker was brilliant, but almost NOT the Joker at all, more The Wild Card.

I didn't care for Jack the Joker.

I'm a huge fan of Jack, especially in films like A flew over the cuckoo's nest and The shining. But Ledger was something else as the Joker, so unwillingly I have to give my vote to him.

Back
Top Bottom