Which LED color do you prefer?

maclvrbr

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I am looking for suggestions as to which color LEDs you prefer in your marantz receiver as I am going to install some in mine, thanks for responses

Cool white for me. As you can see, there is a wide range of preferences on this subject. Best bet? Lights are pretty cheap. Get two or three different kinds and see what suits you best.

Thanks and i appreciate the responses it would be great if some of you would take a pic for me.

Cool White on a 2270 and 2325. This color is nearly impossible to reproduce in a photo. To my eyes, they look deeper blue and less purple in person, and every pic I take of LED's in a Marantz appear to have hot spots that are not visible to the naked eye. The lighting looks very even in person.
Steve
Marantz Lights.JPEG

Last edited:
Warm White if you LED. Mine below are still incandescent. (this photo is fairly accurate on my monitor, walls are also blue, white light from the "right")

Marantz 2270+2440 edited 01.jpg

I have one where the "white" is replaced with the "cool white" and another where replaced with a "warm white". I know "warm" is probably more period correct, but I vastly prefer the "cool" color. It brings a nice modern touch to an otherwise great vintage look.

This is where you run out of the warm white LEDs and use what you think is a "Spare" and it's a pure white :/ I used one of my gel samples from my photography kit to dial it in. I ended up getting a new LED kit with the right LEDs and replacing it before I put it all back together. I've used both the blue and the warm white. I prefer the warm white after all.

IMG_4264.jpg IMG_4261.jpg

Can I assume the warm white is what I am seeing in the pic? Looks very nice and thanks for the pic

Yes, this is warm white. I have blue in my 2226B and I'm going to replace them with the warm white soon. This is now my default go-to color for the LEDs.

Add another person to the warm white camp.... The 2225 in my avatar is using the warm whites, bought off ebay as well...

Back
Top Bottom