Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Well my own active crossed speakers ,coral 15l70 15inch dual woofers on push pull confiq, jbl 2118h 8 inch midbass , coral md-9 mid , coral hd-3 tweeters, all these fed by sansui c-2301 pre amp , feeding sansui cd 10 active cross , feeding , sansui b2301 for bass , ba 3000 midbass, sansui ba 3000 mid , sansui ba 2000 high.

Last edited:
Bought an AU-317 a few days ago; my first Sansui amp. After cleaning it up and testing, it is now driving a set of Boston Acoustics A150's.
First impression listening to Dave Mason Mariposa de Oro LP is that it sounds very good.

While in the Navy; 1971, my room mate had a 2000x or 5000x driving a set of Pioneer CS-77 or 88 and they sounded great. That seemed to be the favorite combos, at least in my barracks. Similar powered Kenwood and Pioneer receivers were available at the Navy exchange for about the same price, but the Sansui x000x series seemed to be the favorite matched with Pioneer speakers. I have sets of CS-99 and 99a that I will try next.

Currently using a big pair of Australian designed and manufactured Osborn B3 Rhapsody speakers, The dead original Vifa metal dome-tweeters have been replaced with SB Acoustics ring-radiator tweeters and an acoustically measured and adjusted crossover. Very nice all-round speakers, and a great match for the Alpha Sansuis.

osborns%20in%20situ_zpsxzbecubh.jpg

Guess I should update my 2007 entry.

Still have all the gear, but different configurations. (Except for the Polks)

AU-X711 and RSL Elans
AU-G99X and ADS L1290 II (The AU-719 will back after a rebuild)
S-X1200 and the L100s. Pulling garage duty.

Rob

I changed it up..Now running some klipsch KLF-30's with all of the Bob Crites upgrades paired with the Marantz HD-770's and my recently refurbished Sansui AU-X1..

Same here. I recapped the Dittons myself, and the AU-317 was recapped and fixed up by Hyperion, of this very parish.

So we pretty much have the same system, and what's also weird is that I live about 10 miles from Ludlow :crazy:

Pair of PSB Imagine 1, AU919 was totally recapped with Nichicon Upper crust audio electrolytics, polystyrenes where needed. Also tweaked the MC board input capacitance for AT Art9 moving coil, and other table runs a Ortofon OM40 super. Sad to say output transistors are not original, used Motorola replacements. Amp has never sounded better!

Attachments

• DSCN0984.JPG
    DSCN0984.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 22
You should listen to the Dittons with a Mc MA5100. The imaging - sound stage is unbeatable. Although a little warmer than a Sansui almost valve like.

Currently using recapped/restored AU-717 into KEF 104/2. Speakers have new doughnuts and ferrofluid. Have new caps waiting to go in the KEFs also.

For now I have the 500a driving a pair of Philharmonic Audio Affordable Accuracy Monitors. They are full range bookshelf speakers. I recently acquired a pair of Infinity IL40s from the Interlude series. I suppose they qualify as vintage - they are old enough to vote! They are probably 17-18yo. I'm surprised at how much bass I get from the 500a. When I had them driving the Salk Song Towers a week ago I was amazed at how well they sounded with only 20wpc to drive them.

I recently moved my AU-555A and TU-9500 into the bedroom and am using AR-5's with them, It's a nice combination.
The G-8700DB in the livingroom is powering a pair of Dahlquist DQ-20's and a M&K SB-1A subwoofer.

Back
Top Bottom