Which Speakers are You Using for Your Sansui Amps

Discussion in 'Exclusively Sansui' started by Cheetah, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Xtro1

Xtro1 New Member

Im running Yamaha NS-1000's with my BA-F1/CA-F1 combo through a Sansui SR-929 turntable. I have the veneer finish speakers not the black 1000m's. Sounds awesome.

G Tube likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Hyperion

Hyperion Roobarb & Custard Subscriber

Nice system, :thumbsup: - I bet it does sound awesome!

3. G Tube

G Tube open your ears..

I have a line on a minty pair of image concept 200 speakers (API, energy miarge) they use a very similar tweeter to an energy 22. Anyway I have read they are bit on the power hungry side. And like decent current. Rated at 8ohm but can dip down to 4 ohm in the mid bass region. Rated 87db, test more like 85db lol. Stereophile has a nice review of them. I have a au9900 do you think it would be enough for a pair of power hungry speakers ? My listening room is not that big. About 16x14
    The other option I have. Which is a totally different animal and have never heard before. Is a beautiful pair of fully restored original large advents. What do you Sansui lovers think for my au9900. Currently running a pair of rca dimensia spk375. (Rebadged onkyo d7's). I listen to rock, jazz. Metal. Alternative.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  4. Harvey/ Ga

Harvey/ Ga Super Member

I have used my Wharfedale W-60E and Celestron 66 with my Eight Deluxe.

Ronald.C likes this.
  5. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

I've got the JBL L7's on the G22000, Love it!! Massive Sound!!

Ronald.C likes this.
  6. PiotrekN

PiotrekN New Member

I use B&O speakers.
    The QRX 7001 in quad is playing through 4 wall panel speakers: a pair of Beovox P45 for the front channels and a pair of Beovox P30 for the rear, and I am on the lookout for another pair of P45 for the rear.
    I also have a small stereo system, the Sansui G-301 playing through Beovox S50. All this sounds amazing, the B&O speakers are fantastic!

7. Vintagear

Vintagear Super Member

Thank you! This is my best set-up by far, it brings me so much satisfaction. Yes it looks beautiful but more importantly, it sounds beautiful. Soooooo lifelike it’s amazing.

My second system is a Yamaha A-S801 driving Bowers & Wilkins CM6 in a smaller room and it’s an excellent Hi-Fi set-up - simply fantastic, but the X1 & 805D2/REL S/2 take the cake. Just amazing...

Decisions, decisions... I hope the X1 is on the top of the list for a reason ;)

Last edited: Jul 14, 2018
    Hyperion likes this.
  8. todd141

todd141 New Member

I just bought a 2000A in extremely good shape I think...still has the blue protective stuff around the chrome edge on front of the receiver, and came with the box, manuals everything. Previous owner recapped it.

Anyways, I am using Polk Monitor 7C with them - RD0194 tweeters should be here tomorrow. (Also have some Polk Monitor 7As with Peerless tweeters, haven't hooked them up yet to the 2000A. Both Polk pairs got a recap on the crossovers.)

I really cannot believe how good this amp sounds. I'm going to buy another Sansui - maybe an AU-555 or a 4000 or 5000, whatever I can find a good deal on, and then fix it up.

9. playittwice

playittwice Well-Known Member

Room #1 AU9500/9090 rotated w/K-Horns and Heresy.

Room#2 AU999/Seven rotated w/K-Horns, KG 1.5s for garage, kitchen and BR.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018 at 4:29 PM
  10. tanker 200

tanker 200 Well-Known Member

The G-8700DB in the living room is now powering a pair of K-Horns, They sound very nice together

11. Christray

Christray New Member

Au517 with Quad 989.

12. BilboBaggins

BilboBaggins AK Subscriber Subscriber

I have an AU-9900 and it sounds great with mid efficiency or high efficiency speakers. You don’t have a big room, so that would be your sweet spot. I’m sure Advents would sound really good with it. They sound good with a very large variety of amps.

13. lomax

lomax New Member

Au 717 with JBL 4412’s

14. Hairball

Hairball New Member

I recapped a 9090 I got very cheap and connected it to a pair of Klipsch KF-28s I also got cheap. For a cheap setup it sounds pretty good.

15. SansuiJavier

SansuiJavier AK Subscriber Subscriber

16. Robisme

Robisme Sansui Enthusiast Subscriber

Nope.

AU-719..........ADS L1290 II

AU-X711...........RSL Elans

S-X1200.........JBL L100s

The AU-G99X and AU-888 are idle.

Rob

SansuiJavier and Hyperion like this.

17. lilwing

lilwing CAGE FREE AUDIO ZOO Subscriber

I decided to get a QRX 9001. It arrived in fine shape so I have it powering Klipsch cornerhorns all four corners.
    My brain has since exploded. 20180721_170951.jpg