Who likes the AT95SA?

Last time I looked the Canadian dollar was worth about $0.80 US. Maybe you should call it the AT95.04 ?
From your perspective, but if I'd used a US nickel I'd have to call it a 95.06 lol
All the 3400 series made by AT have no compliance screw. Most all the aftermarket ones, Jicos and Vivid Line have the screw.
So you have to buy a replacement to get screwed. :)

Seriously, the replacements, VL, HE, Sa are pretty good even though their bonded. If you want to do a transplant I think the .3 E is the least expensive Jico.
Thanks for that. I'd rather try a cheapo and transplant one of several donors I have on hand. The stock tip is pretty brutal, and I'm not convinced this project is worth pursuing....not yet anyway.

I own the P-mount AT-95VL and found this thread since I've thought about upgrading to the SA. But what I've read here has me considering some other ideas.

I also own an AT-150mlx that is about 1.5 years old, bought from a dealer in Japan. Would its stylus fit on my AT-95VL? Would it work on my AT LS450/LT body? Would the answer be any different with the new ATN150SA stylus?

I own the P-mount AT-95VL and found this thread since I've thought about upgrading to the SA. But what I've read here has me considering some other ideas.

I also own an AT-150mlx that is about 1.5 years old, bought from a dealer in Japan. Would its stylus fit on my AT-95VL? Would it work on my AT LS450/LT body? Would the answer be any different with the new ATN150SA stylus?

Hi,
AFAIK there is no P mount AT95. Are you using the stylus ATN95VL on the LS450 body? I think that's a P mount.

Anyway, no it won't fit and the 150SA either. Same problem we've been discussing. I like the SA slightly better, but I don't know if it's worth the difference. The SA is a hair sweeter on the high frequencies. The VL is good though. The tip dimensions are said to be the same.

I'm not sure about that LS450 body. For a P mount you'll get better performance with stylus designed for that. Maybe you could clarify.
neo

You are correct, my mistake. I still have the box from the AT-95VL and thought I was using it in my P-mount rotation, but have now realized that it was mounted on the MCS 6300 table I sold last year. I do have an AT-92E, but with the standard stylus.

Another AKer told me I could mount a 440mlb stylus on my LS450, so I wondered if the 150mlx stylus would fit it as well. Ultimately I decided to get an EVG aftermarket stylus for my LS450.

Last edited:
I'm not positive what series the LS450 belongs to. It looks like it might be similar to an AT152 P mount type, in which case the MLX would fit. If you have an EVG cross reference, maybe we could figure it out, or maybe someone else knows. If another AKer told you it fits, maybe it does. You could try to fit it on, but don't use too much pressure to force it.

The other consideration is tracking at P mount VTF and resultant angle (SRA/VTA). You'll probably be good at 1.5g and I guess you can change mat thickness if you need height adjustment.
The 150MLX is pretty great cart. You no longer have a standard mount table?
neo

Today I have just received my stylus ATN150SA. I had to install it on my AT440 body. Now I spinning it just 3 hours. So it is so soon to speak about perfectionism of sound but bass slightly coming up
icon_smile.gif
I enjoy it and I hope it will be even better after 20 hours...
file.php

Yes, its an upgrade stylus.

And Van Isle, what the hell is Zualum?
At a guess, I’m thinking it’s an alloy of zinc and aluminium. Likely extruded rather than milled as they usually have a hollow centre for lightness as well.

Perhaps it’s about time we had a Wiki for the venerable AT95 cart and all of the available styli iterations? It certainly confused the heck out me until I was able to glean what I needed to know from various websites and postings here. Even so it’s confusing when faced with the choice of VS, VA, SH, VL and HE styli!

Just as an aside, I acquired a couple of cheapie AT91 carts for some restored turntables I was selling. As you know, Rega’s Carbon is a rebadging of the AT91, but with a carbon cantilever. Now, the AT91 also sports a carbon cantilever and is just $29.95 here in Australia. For the price, it’s performance is quite incredible! I doubt there would be a better value cartridge anywhere. To be honest, I find it difficult to pick the difference between the AT91 and the AT95E, so the AT91 must win out given it’s half the price. Unless, of course, you want the upgrade path to the various Line/Shibata styli.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom