Who should get the 4th spot for the college football playoff

Discussion in 'AK Polls' started by HTHMAN, Dec 2, 2017.

?

Who deserves to be in the playoff

Poll closed Dec 4, 2017.
  1. Ohio State

7 vote(s)
    63.6%
  2. Alabama

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  1. HTHMAN

HTHMAN Super Member

It is controversial but we can decide it right here

Please register to disable this ad.

2. thymanst

thymanst Minnesota morning

Anyone but Alabama. Did not win own conference with 19 5* players on the team and 49 four * .

3. asterion

asterion From the Wreckord Room

4. brian222

brian222 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Look at Bama's schedule...not tough enough.

5. Shominy

Shominy Lunatic Member

I dislike both teams (entitlement on one, the other won't just go away). Ohio State in on the stats, but I want them clobbered by any of the three better teams.

6. HTHMAN

HTHMAN Super Member

Well, we got it wrong. The Iowa loss and not wide enough margin of victory over Wisconsin kept them out. Explosive plays from Ohio State but turnovers and mistakes kept Wisconsin in the game. I am an Ohio State grad but would probably voted the same way. On a good day, nobody could beat the Buckeyes, but the committee could not be sure that team would show up.

7. Redikilowatt

Redikilowatt Audio Understudy Subscriber

Alabama vs Clemson game should be an exciting and revenue producing matchup :)

Roger

8. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8641 Subscriber

That school from down south did make Bucky look pretty bad overall, and I didn't expect to see them make the cut. And yes - I was surprised to see Alabama get the four spot. They were totally outclassed in the Auburn game.

One game I'm looking forward to is No. 5 Ohio State vs. No. 8 USC. That SHOULD be in Pasadena ... (grumble mumble). Seeing the B10 vs PAC12 in Texas just ain't right traditionally.

9. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo New Member

I think now in hindsight it was pretty-clear that Penn State should have been the #4 team. Clemson proved themselves to be undeserving in their game. The Tigers were definitely overrated.

Even though Ohio State beat PSU by one point in a miracle 4th quarter comeback at the horseshoe, the Buckeyes got manhandled by non-ranked Iowa.

Penn State had two losses too during the regular season except unlike Ohio State, the Lions lost to two ranked teams.

Plus there is no denying that PSU was the most-entertaining team to watch with Trace McSorely as Quarterback and Saquon Barkley (the player who really deserved the Heisman) and best running back in the nation.

It was sad really to see their national championship hopes be decided by a total of 4 points.

In any case, the Big 10 proved to be the best conference and went 7-1 in their bowl games with only Michigan losing theirs.

Please register to disable this ad.

10. KentTeffeteller

KentTeffeteller Gimpus Stereophilus!

Alabama, tougher conference. Tougher opponents.

11. MuchoReverbo

MuchoReverbo New Member

Not this year it wasn't. Take away Georgia and Alabama (which was a very good national championship game) and the SEC wasn't that spectacular.

It's a shame the two SEC teams didn't have to face a Big 10 team in the playoff. Georgia or Alabama might not have made it to the final. Clemson was a joke. Oklahoma didn't really look a whole lot better. Neither team had anything resembling a defense.

The rest of the SEC didn't really fare too well in the bowls (2-5):
    • Auburn lost their bowl game against Central Florida (34-27)
    • LSU lost their bowl game to Notre Dame (21-17)
    • Texas A&M lost to Wake Forest (55-52)
    • Kentucky lost to Northwestern (24-23)
    • Missouri was humiliated by Texas (33-16)
    • Mississippi St. beat non-ranked Louisville (31-27)
    • South Carolina looked good against Michigan (26-19)
    Actually, the argument could be made for Central Florida making it to the final four too.

A much better post season would have been:

Alabama vs Penn State and Georgia vs Central Florida