Who thinks we should have a kenwood forum?

I vote yes... but we've been down this road before...

First Kenwood, then Marantz, then...

Before too long you'll need a forum for every manufacture out there.

But, my vote still stands! ;)

Scott

It probably doesn't make much sense that there is not yet a Kenwood forum given that Kenwood is just as popular as Pioneer or any of the others that already have a forum. It remains to be seen if there would be as much interest in that forum as with the others.

Back in the late 60s to 70s, Kenwood was a very proud name, considered at least the equivalent of Pioneer, Sansui or Marantz. There are a lot of Kenwood lovers hanging out here, so I vote for giving them/us a forum.

Sure, just as McIntosh, Pioneer and Sansui have theirs. From an administrative standpoint, you would have to have a moderator for it also.

I think there should be nine vintage manufacturer sections:

Fisher
McIntosh
Pioneer
Sansui
Marantz
Kenwood
Yamaha
Harmon/Kardon
Other Manufacturers

Again, all of these need moderators and admins. This should not be a problem, considering the vast knowledge of the members here.

I think these cover the "biggies".

Urizen said:
Sure, just as McIntosh, Pioneer and Sansui have theirs. From an administrative standpoint, you would have to have a moderator for it also.

I think there should be nine vintage manufacturer sections:

Fisher
McIntosh
Pioneer
Sansui
Marantz
Kenwood
Yamaha
Harmon/Kardon
Other Manufacturers

Again, all of these need moderators and admins. This should not be a problem, considering the vast knowledge of the members here.

I think these cover the "biggies".

What no Sony? :thmbsp:

Edit: Seriously, this has been covered time and again to no real conclusion and of course what we have presently is kind of a hodge podge with some brand forums that found support in the way of moderators, etc. I've come to think that a better seperation might have been by era, say 50s,60s,70s, etc.

Lefty

Last edited:
Sorry but for now we have our hands full maintaining the boards without adding to our plate.

matt001 said:
I really think we should have a Kenwood forum.There seems to be a lot of Kenwood Lovers/Owners here.

I thought your idea was a good one. We will have to live with only Mac, Pioneer and Sansui having their dedicated forums, for now. Suggestions are always good. Not long after I joined here, I posted a suggestion that a tuner forum was needed, and it was done.

I love Kenwood, also. You are not alone. :smoke:

KA-9150
KA-5700
KT-8005
KT-5300
KT-80

Back
Top Bottom