Who was the genius that greenlit a movie about killing a world leader?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as a movie makes money movie executives don't care what the content is.

It will make money only if many, many consumers like the content. Are you suggesting that executives of for-profit companies should focus on something other than making money for their shareholders? Or that someone other than consumers should determine the products to be purchased?

All deletions were by the authors of said posts. Not by someone else.

I think Sony pulled the movie because they want to stop the email leaks. There is going to be so much infighting going on....:banana:

Not to mention what they probably say about their consumer :thumbsdn:

It's really sad. My friends Korean and they're a good race of people... It's terrible that a whole country has to suffer because of one megalomaniac. I hope they have a revolution soon, they need it. They can string that fat shit up to the lampost.

Just curious...which are the bad races of people?

Isnt it ironic all the folks slamming their keyboard claiming freedom of speech is what makes America America, yet everyone waiting for the thread to be shut down.

No. What's ironic is that you still don't understand the concept correctly.

Are you suggesting that executives of for-profit companies should focus on something other than making money for their shareholders?

What if, however unlikely, The Interview would have been the highest grossing movie of all time? Shouldn't the executives have released it to maximize profits for the shareholders? Guess the shareholders will never know.

Or that someone other than consumers should determine the products to be purchased?

Isn't that exactly what we have here? A group calling themselves The Guardians of Peace have determined what products consumers should purchase.

Look at it from another perspective:

The Guardians of Peace declare NFL football to be offensive and brutal and demand all games be cancelled immediately under threat of "9/11 style attacks should they air". Should the NFL/Networks just roll over like Sony and say "Okie Dokie, we'll pull our broadcast"?

What if, however unlikely, The Interview would have been the highest grossing movie of all time? Shouldn't the executives have released it to maximize profits for the shareholders? Guess the shareholders will never know.

Isn't that exactly what we have here? A group calling themselves The Guardians of Peace have determined what products consumers should purchase.

Look at it from another perspective:

The Guardians of Peace declare NFL football to be offensive and brutal and demand all games be cancelled immediately under threat of "9/11 style attacks should they air". Should the NFL/Networks just roll over like Sony and say "Okie Dokie, we'll pull our broadcast"?

I agree completely. My comments were in response to the notion that executives are evil because they try to maximize profits...which of course only occurs when they give consumers what they want.

Maybe this is all a PR stunt by Sony:scratch2:

Imagin how many will want to see the movie now:scratch2:

As I said in a previous post, terrorist organizations have the flexiblily to move around through various destabilized countries. Makes taking them out about as easy as nailing jello to a wall and about as frequent as a never ending game of whack a mole. North Korea is a nation state. They don't have that luxury. We know where to destroy them. And as for the political chess game many would complain about US actions against N. Korea but nobody would actually do anything about it.

You were sayin?
http://freebeacon.com/national-security/dia-north-korea-planned-attacks-on-us-nuclear-plants/

The world is almost borderless in today’s way of thinking. Primitives can cause 9/11 and a country cannot? I would guess that N. Korea already has boots on the ground in the US but that's my opinion. Egos spiral when people have power take Hitler, Saddam, Kaddafi for example. I'm sure fearless leader thinks he is a god and can destroy anything in his way but at what cost? All he has to do is make on statement then we get boots on the ground there but that country is connected. It’s going to be a domino effect. China aided N. Korea in the last skirmish. Will history repeat itself? So far we are in a defeated position with Sony. Will the US government take action? Stay tuned!

You were sayin?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/dia-north-korea-planned-attacks-on-us-nuclear-plants/

The world is almost borderless in today’s way of thinking. Primitives can cause 9/11 and a country cannot? I would guess that N. Korea already has boots on the ground in the US but that's my opinion. Egos spiral when people have power take Hitler, Saddam, Kaddafi for example. I'm sure fearless leader thinks he is a god and can destroy anything in his way but at what cost? All he has to do is make on statement then we get boots on the ground there but that country is connected. It’s going to be a domino effect. China aided N. Korea in the last skirmish. Will history repeat itself? So far we are in a defeated position with Sony. Will the US government take action? Stay tuned!

Is that all so dangerous when looked at from another point of view? The US has allied itself with N Korea's sworn arch enemy. Of course they're going to have plans to attack and intelligence assets in the US. Duh. We have plans to attack our closest allies locked up in the pentagon as well as covert intelligence assets in friendly nations. That's normal.

China did aid N Korea in the last war. A lot has changed since then. China has too many economic ties with the west to throw them all away and ruin their economy helping a red headed step child fight a war.

All of this over a movie. Whatever plans against the U.S. or intelligence assets N Korea has here are being saved for a recognition of hostilities on the Korean Peninsula to try and keep the US out of a new ground war there. And that probably wouldn't even help. It is in and of itself a questionable strategy that probably wouldn't work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought this thread would be closed by this point.

Jay Thomas on CNN stated that it was right to make the movie because Jong-Un is crazy. Well, NKorea thinks the same thing about America. Who's correct?

Is that all so dangerous when looked at from another point of view? The US has allied itself with N Korea's sworn arch enemy. Of course they're going to have plans to attack and intelligence assets in the US. Duh. We have plans to attack our closest allies locked up in the pentagon as well as covert intelligence assets in friendly nations. That's normal.

China did aid N Korea in the last war. A lot has changed since then. China has too many economic ties with the west to throw them all away and ruin their economy helping a red headed step child fight a war.

All of this over a movie. Whatever plans against the U.S. or intelligence assets N Korea has here are being saved for a recognition of hostilities on the Korean Peninsula to try and keep the US out of a new ground war there. And that probably wouldn't even help. It is in and of itself a questionable strategy that probably wouldn't work.

Bottom line? WE don't know what's in store for us at our level in the playing field. Peeps in charge could push a red button and send us all to where ever over SONY. We can only go by what we read in the news, history and what we think. We assemble personal opinions based on this, opinions we die by. Surprises? I have seen many in the last few years and it's only the beginning. Just my personal options. :scratch2:

If you want to base it on history, N Korea has never made good on one of their hissy fit threats like this. Never.

I am not willing to acquiesce to North Korea on anything.

Certainly not on a film made by a company who is abiding by the laws of the land and seen by an audience at their pleasure or not.

What would be next on the inevitable slippery slope? North Korea does not like our textbooks that describe their leaders as the viscous savages they are? Do they object to our reports on their daily human rights abuses?

Release the damn movie. I will go to a theater for the first time in a year to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom