Who's listening online? And with what?

Listening to the music I'm always listening to, Classic Rock here. I love the station because it's not the same song every 2 hours like on a lot of other stations.

Listening on my Denon D-850 with the 2 Fisher MS-108s and the 2 Denon USC-20Fs. However, tomorrow I have a feeling I'm going to bring the Fisher back into my room and stick this Denon out in my work area because the Fisher 170 just seems to sound better because it has user adjustable bass\treble settings.

Jazz Trio section of Jazzradio is smoking! ...... Zoe Rachman, Kirk Lightsey, Klaus Weiss, Misha Piatigorsky, Duke Ellington playing "Wig Wise". Have to investigate who are the other members of Duke's trio.

From the Duke's album "Money Jungle". The other two artists ~ Mingus and Max Roach. :D

Streaming James Moody on Piano Jazz from NPR right now. Listening to this has led me to King Pleasure so two new artists for me to explore and that will lead to more

Also listened to Piano Jazz with James Moody earlier, but on the local FM station. Currently streaming Dinner jazz Excursion on the OmniFi DMS-1 through the big Kenwood Supreme 600 integrated to a little pair of Celestion-3's on the workbench. Really good Jazz groove goin' right now.

Jazzradio's 'avant garde' channel, which sounds like it should really be called Jazzradio's 'mildly adventurous' channel.

s.

I have finally got around to this channel- having been so sucked in by the jazz trios channel - and have come to the same conclusion: "mildly adventurous". It seems that they have made a conscious effort not to go overboard. I find it thoroughly enjoyable. :thmbsp:

Really digging this wannabe avant - garde channel......Steve Lacey, Ravi Coltrane, Archie Shepp. :D

Last edited:
I have finally got around to this channel- having been so sucked in by the jazz trios channel - and have come to the same conclusion: "mildly adventurous". It seems that they have made a conscious effort not to go overboard. I find it thoroughly enjoyable. :thmbsp:

Absolutely. My favorite channel on JazzRadio.

s.

Listening to the Adult Contemporary channel on Pandora thru my Squeezebox as background music while I'm "working" writing some menu's.

Bossa Nova channel on JazzRadio.

s.

later...

'John Barleycorn Must Die,' streamed through Slacker's new premium service...

Last edited:
Squeezebox SB 3 ----> ASL pre ----> tripath amp ---------> psb alpha b-1 speakers

bossa2nova (that's a channel) on Live 365.

I'm deciding (again) that a.) lossy streaming services that play whole albums aren't to my taste, and b.) actual human beings picking out what I'm listening to is important to me.

s.

Squeezebox SB 3 ----> ASL pre ----> tripath amp ---------> psb alpha b-1 speakers

bossa2nova (that's a channel) on Live 365.

I'm deciding (again) that a.) lossy streaming services that play whole albums aren't to my taste, and b.) actual human beings picking out what I'm listening to is important to me.

s.

Exactly - thats why I still listen to FM and plan my sked around the few shows that play interesting music thats worth listening to. something about the idea that I'm part of a community thats all listening to the same thing at the same time...

Been using TuneIn Radio on my Iphone while working in the yard and walking the dog. Pretty cool app.

Listening to The Singers Voice with host Rebecca Kilgore on KMHD's stream via the OmniFi DMS-1.

Been using TuneIn Radio on my Iphone while working in the yard and walking the dog. Pretty cool app.

I have finally decided to get an Iphone: I am addicted to www.jazzradio.com. Yesterday I went downtown to take a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and miss being connected.
O hell, I should have sold the bridge to one of the many tourists around and buy a phone at the nearby J&R. :D

Now listening to the Bossanova section of jazzradio.....Rosa Passos, Lalo Schrifin, Pery Ribeiro, Jair Rodriques, Eliane Elias.

Last edited:
Exactly - thats why I still listen to FM and plan my sked around the few shows that play interesting music thats worth listening to. something about the idea that I'm part of a community thats all listening to the same thing at the same time...

Yep - I miss the feeling I used to get when something so good would come on, and I'd know that I wasn't the only one hearing it. It's a fair trade, within reason, that I now have a lot more access to stuff I want to hear, but can't be sure anyone else is listening at the same time, but my personal choice is to make the experience as 'radio-like' as I can - which means I gravitate to stations/channels/services that are watched over by people.

s.

Last edited:
Switched from Pandora to GrooveShark I like being my own DJ. You can play pretty much any song you can think of. I have a bunch of playlists that I have compiled. Just set them up and let them run all day...

GrooveShark is also a great source to go to if there is a band or album that you have interest in but have not heard. I have been able to pre-flight albums before buying them.

Back
Top Bottom